Hacking Flashcart Organizing Tips?

Dangy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get major OCD when it comes to organizing my flashcart, so I thought I'd see how you guys organize your flashcart for some ideas. :D

I usually use tag's like:

[HOMEBREW] Games
[HOMEBREW] Apps
[MEDIA] Photo
[MEDIA] Music
[MEDIA] Text
[MEDIA] Video
[NDS] ROMs
[EMU] NES
[EMU] Sega

Other than that, I try to have a clean-looking skin, so I can find what I'm looking for without having to look through the skin itself.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
I am lazy. I put all my commercial ROMs in a folder called !games so it show up at the top of my R4 file list. Under that I put all my homebrew .nds files in a folder called !homebrew. All the other subfolders that are required for homebrews are placed on the root as they should be. I keep my GB/GBC roms and NES roms in seperate folders on the root as well. Basically Im not a stickler for neat organization, I just try to keep things simple and reduce the amount of folders/button presses required to launch a particular game/homebrew.

Edit: As far as themes go, Ive used this one exclusively for the past 2-3 years: http://www.ndsthemes.com/themes/details/t/e7212a3072

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
I don't have too many things on my flashcart, but I've organized them into a few categories:

Apps - applications, homebrew or otherwise, such as music programs, ds browser, that sort of thing.
Faves - my favorite games
Games - the other games I have
Retro - 'old school' retro games, and a colecovision emulator
Retro->GBA - gba games
Utils - utilities, like the wifi backup utility, touch screen tester, flashme, etc.

As for skins, I just use one skin that I've made myself to match my DS. I swapped the shell for a transparent grey one, and made a 'black and white' skin with a techno theme.

Cheers!

-Atashi

Dangy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
OBJ3KTION said:
Other than that, I try to have a clean-looking skin, so I can find what I'm looking for without having to look through the skin itself.Tell me what skins you have!

I use Moonlit Night and K Frax.

Woah, I love the K Frax skin, I wish I had an AK2. Maybe I could convert it to YSMenu.

Right now I'm just using a skin I made in Photoshop, it's just a simple black and white abstract skin. I'm really too lazy to upload it.

QUOTE(Crass @ Feb 16 2010, 01:00 AM)
I am lazy. I put all my commercial ROMs in a folder called !games so it show up at the top of my R4 file list. Under that I put all my homebrew .nds files in a folder called !homebrew. All the other subfolders that are required for homebrews are placed on the root as they should be. I keep my GB/GBC roms and NES roms in seperate folders on the root as well. Basically Im not a stickler for neat organization, I just try to keep things simple and reduce the amount of folders/button presses required to launch a particular game/homebrew.

Edit: As far as themes go, Ive used this one exclusively for the past 2-3 years: http://www.ndsthemes.com/themes/details/t/e7212a3072

I know what you mean. You're the functional kinda person.

Does the !Games trick work for YSMenu?

Dangy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crass said:
Yep, the exclamation point in front of the folder is an old trick Ive used since back in the DOS days.

Thanks for the tip, works great, and looks better than a 0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    It's the Switcheroo
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's the Switcheroo