Fixing the 4.0 System Menu?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kurisai, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Kurisai
    OP

Kurisai Member

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2009
    United States
    Well, I think somehow, somewhere I messed up my system menu. Whenever I load things from HBC, they run great, but a lot of times when trying to use the Wii System Menu, it black screens and I have to hold my Wii power button down until it goes off. I originally thought everything was due to an overheated system, but since I can run stuff such as Mario Galaxy and SSB from HBC, it seems to be a different problem then that (since if I messed up the GPU it shouldn't even work for a few minutes).

So basically, I'm at 4.0 and used waninko's installer. I also installed IOS 222. How can I get these files again, or downgrade and then upgrade again? I keep looking on the forums all ready, but haven't found one that ever says anything about getting back, and I tried using a cIOS downgrader, but it failed when I tried to install to 3.2U

2. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    Do you have any backup game inserted in your Wii when this happens? Myself that was the cause using HotD Overkill (if I remember right).

3. Kurisai
    OP

Kurisai Member

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2009
    United States
    No, I have the original WiiSports in the drive now. Sometimes when I boot even I get the System Menu error though, which was my main concern.