first time buying a psp, question about emulation

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by [lol], Feb 19, 2015.

1. [lol]
    OP

[lol] Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2013
    Indonesia
    hi guys, I want to buy a new psp 3000 sometimes this month, my consideration picking it is because of GBA and PS1 game emulation.....

my question, how great are psp emulation of ps1 and gba games? could it play those perfectly with 100% speed and framerate? is there any jarring issues or you guys recommend it?

btw other question, in your guys opinion, should I got smartphone with z3530 to emulate psp, psx and gba or buy a new psp?

2. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    PS1 emulation is perfect. GBA emulation is great most of the time, but you might get some slowdowns/compatibility problems here and there.

3. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Pretty much what he said though using gpsp kai ive never experienced slow downs of any kind when playing games

4. [lol]
    OP

[lol] Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2013
    Indonesia

thanks guys :)) what a fast response, I will buy it then, playing ps1 on the go is pretty rad

5. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    you can play psp games as well if you install cfw though the site I used to use pspisoz is gone but i think emuparadise hosts psp ISO's too

6. TemplarGR

TemplarGR Gaming expert

Sep 2, 2011
    Greece
    I have both a PSP 3004 and a gaming tablet, Archos Gamepad 2.

In my opinion, if you want to emulate PS1 and GBA on the go, it is better to get a gaming 5-7in tablet with physical buttons than a PSP. My tablet can emulate the PSP with great results, though there are issues.

In any case, since PSP emulation is so great on both PC and Android, there is no reason to get a physical PSP. There are not many games that are worth it. Its gaming library was pretty poor quality wise, unless you are a Weeaboo.

7. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    True PPSSPP does emulate the psp so much better than the console itself but unless you're using the psp itself as a remote control or have a pc controller it just does not feel right to play games like birth by sleep,dissidia,rengoku etc..

8. TemplarGR

TemplarGR Gaming expert

Sep 2, 2011
    Greece
    Why?

It is actually much better on my tablet. And the screen is much bigger, with better sound.

You don't understand, there are Android tablets out there with physical GAMEPAD buttons.

Mine:

https://www.google.gr/search?q=arch...OPtCMiAUeS8gpgB&ved=0CCoQsAQ&biw=1260&bih=686

See? Better than the PSP, and it doesn't cost much more, while being a full blown 7 inch tablet.

9. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    when you said tablet thought you meant something like this

[​IMG]

Thats an android powered gamepad a little different ;P

10. TemplarGR

TemplarGR Gaming expert

Sep 2, 2011
    Greece

No, from the beginning a mentioned a GAMING tablet with PHYSICAL buttons. An android handheld/tablet hybrid. Much more powerful and modern machine compared to a psp.

11. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    Buy an ipega gamepad and use it for your tablet. You can even use it for streaming games via splashtop

12. kristianity77

kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK

What nonsense, I could sit here and reel off 50 titles no problem for the PSP which are considered really good games.

Xenon Hacks likes this.
  13. TemplarGR

TemplarGR Gaming expert

Sep 2, 2011
    Greece
    50?

Then you have no good taste in games. There is a reason the PSP is widely considered shit

reprep likes this.
  14. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012

it was so at the beginning but not now. There is still great games coming to PSP in 2015 like Toukiden: Kiwami

15. kristianity77

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK

You literally must be trolling. Right here goes. 70 or so that I currently have on my PSP. Please feel free to quote any of the below to be "no good" or "shit"

1. Brave Story
    2. Burnout Legends
    3. Castlevania Dracula X
    4. Cladun
    5. Corpse Party
    6. Crimson Gem Saga
    7. Crush
    8. Darius Burst
    9. Daxter
    10. Dead Head Fred
    11. Final Fantasy Crisis Core
    12. Final Fantasy Type 0
    13. God Eater Burst
    14. God Of War Ghosts Of Sparta
    15. God Of War Chains Of Olympus
    16. GTA Vice City
    17. GTA Liberty City
    18. Gurumin
    19. Half Minute Hero
    20. Hammerin Hero
    21. Hot Shots Golf 2
    22. Hot Shots Tennis
    23. Jak And Daxter
    24. Jeanne Darc
    25. Killzone Liberation
    26. Kingdom Hearts
    27. Lemmings
    28. Little Big Planet
    29. LocoRoco
    30. LocoRoco 2
    31. Lumines 2
    32. Manhunt 2
    33. Medievil Resurrection
    34. Megaman Maverick Hunter
    35. Megaman Powered Up
    36. Metal Slug Anthology
    37. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
    38. Motorstorm
    39. Pangya Golf
    40. Patapon
    41. Patapon 2
    42. Patapon 3
    43. Persona
    44. Persona 2
    45. Persona 3
    46. Phantasy Star Portable 2
    47. Prinny
    48. Prinny 2
    49. Ratchet And Clank
    50. Resistance
    51. Ridge Racer 2
    52. Silent Hill Origins
    53. Silent Hill Shattered Memories
    54. Soul Calibur
    55. Star Ocean
    56. Star Ocean 2
    57. StreetFighter Alpha 3
    58. Super Stardust Portable
    59. Syphon Filter
    60. Syphon Filter 2
    61. Tales Of Eternia
    62. Tekken 6
    63. Third Birthday
    64. Trails In The Sky
    65. Tomb Raider Anniversary
    66. Ultimate Ghouls And Ghosts
    67. Valkyria Chronicles 2
    68. Valkyrie Profile Lenneth
    69. Wipeout Pure
    70. Wipeout Pulse
    71. Ys 7

All of those games above are good games and thats not even including ones that are obviously missing purely because I'm not a fan like Peace Walker, Disgaea, ZHP and many more.

reprep likes this.
  16. TemplarGR

TemplarGR Gaming expert

Sep 2, 2011
    Greece
    Those games are mediocre shit. I didn't say the PSP didn't have a game library. It had. It was just shitty.

Either quirky japanese games no one sane wants, or ps2 crappy ports and clones.

There is no reason to own a PSP, because no game of that list is a must play.

PS: The PSP is the only console i regret buying. I only wanted Crisis Core, and this game turned out shit as well. Later i learned someone on Youtube made a movie from it. It would be better if i never bought the thing and just watched the movie version...

17. Cygen

Cygen Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    No Growlanser Final Fantasy Type Zero or Valcyria Chronicles 3? XD

18. kristianity77

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK
    lol, out of that above list of games i've provided (which isn't nearly the complete list of decent titles the PSP offers by the way) I think I can spot half a dozen at best games that are more or less ports from games on the PS2. In fact, looking at the list further, the games that ARE on the PS2 also were ported FROM the PSP to the PS2 afterwards (GTA, Silent Hills etc) so your argument there is not valid anyway. A further half a dozen remakes from the PS1 era I can spot also. The rest are all exclusives to the system. If the PSP wasn't your cup of tea then fair enough. But to suggest that the system had nothing but rubbish games with NOTHING at all worth playing is just...well...idiotic is probably being a bit too kind.

If you can honestly say that absolutely nothing in that list strikes you entertaining to play then may I suggest taking up a different hobby perhaps?

19. kristianity77

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK

Honestly, after I'd done that list and actually went through all the PSP games I've got on the system, I could of added 50 more. Including the 3 you mention above :)

20. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    unfortunately I have to agree that psp library is awful. there are few good titles, but mostly are mediocre. two games I only REALLY like in psp are tactics ogre and fate / extra