Gaming Fire Emblem Fates Lag Problem?

CakeBuffet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I recently installed Fire Emblem Fates onto my N3DS but I immediately ran into a few problems. Booting up the game and getting past the CaC works fine. Once the game starts, however, the game begins to lag severely. When initiating a battle with an enemy, it can take up to 5 seconds for the character portraits and models to load in. The music cuts out and the game is left in complete silence, except for some ambient noises (ex. wind, chirping, etc.) in the background. Once the fighting begins, their animations work properly, but the voice clips and sound effects are delayed by a few seconds. The game seems to be fine when it comes to cutscenes, but when it fades to black, the game can take a while to get to the dialogue. I don't seem to have this problem with any other games.

Additional Info:
- 32 GB SanDisk Micro SD Card
- Downloaded the .cia from ziperto (Undub version downloaded in 2 parts)
- Up-to-date with latest CFW
- Overclocking doesn't fix the problem

Last edited by CakeBuffet,

Lawvia

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Maybe its because undubed one. Have you tried the normal one and also with update? Mine from 3dscia.

CakeBuffet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe its because undubed one. Have you tried the normal one and also with update? Mine from 3dscia.
Hey, sorry for the late response.

I tried the normal USA one with the update + the DLC from 3dscia as well, but I still have the same problem. It could potentially be a problem with my N3DS, but there doesn't seem to be any problem like this with my other games. Does yours have this problem as well?

Lawvia

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hey, sorry for the late response.

I tried the normal USA one with the update + the DLC from 3dscia as well, but I still have the same problem. It could potentially be a problem with my N3DS, but there doesn't seem to be any problem like this with my other games. Does yours have this problem as well?
The games run just fine on my n2DS with or without update. I thought maybe its because ur 3ds, but again thats no way it only affect FE fates if theres really a problem in your system. Well.. a bump then, maybe anyone will or had the same problem as yours have a fix.

starburst

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
In my experience (and I have beaten Conquest over a dozen times), there is only one map where the system struggles (Chapter 20), even with overclocking. And even then, it plays smoothly if I lower or disable the 3D effect (which I always use at highest setting.)

It could be a file system issue. How much space do you have left on your SD card? How long hast it been since you last de-fragmented it?
If the file system is nearly full, you should delete unused files/ games and then de-fragment it.
If the file system is heavily fragmented, you could copy everything into your computer, format the SD card and copy everything back.

Edition:
I forgot to mention that I only use CIA created directly from Nintendo's Content Distribution Network using CIAngel. The one time that I had bad problems with a game (like its closing down after certain actions), it was a game that had been obtained from a random site, and the issues never reappeared using direct copies from the CDN. After that, I decided to make my own backups or to only download CDN backups (you can find many of them on that ISO site.)

Last edited by starburst,

Rigadoog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never run into this on my 64GB card. Is your SD formatted properly? (i.e. using GUIFormat?)

Edit: actually i lied, because i have run into this at the end of Star Fox, but never in FE Fates.

Last edited by Rigadoog,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online over nps is the only reason you'd want wifi
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?