Fire Emblem Fates Hans

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by TomboyGamerXL, Jan 5, 2017.

1. TomboyGamerXL
    OP

TomboyGamerXL Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    United States
    Hi, I hope I'm posting in the right place!
    I'm trying to use an undub patch for conquest but after building the romf correctly and using hans I get an error stating the following:
    "hello
    _firm_appmemalloc 04000000
    Code address 3018a000
    Code size 005ff000
    paramblk 30189c00
    text size 00511000
    text perm 00000001
    applied map 00000000
    invalidated icache"

I'm using the latest homebrew starter kit via oot3dhax and using the physical copy of conquest. Any help is appreciated thanks!

SOLUTION: HANS is a finicky program in terms of ram for newer 3DS games, please use the guide below if you are on 11.2 or below to install CFW so you can use patches without such a hassle ^_^

Last edited by TomboyGamerXL, Jan 6, 2017
  2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    HANS is a very picky program and doesn't always work, even when it's supposed to. If you're on the latest version, just install CFW and install the Undub CIA or use NTR CFW to play the normal game as a CIA and use the Undub files instead. Follow this guide to set up CFW.

Trust me, it's a lot easier than trying to get HANS to work.

TomboyGamerXL and thane98 like this.
  3. TomboyGamerXL
    OP

TomboyGamerXL Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    United States
    Thanks for the quick response, this sounds better than struggling with HANS,
    Quick question for clarification, this won't brick a 2ds on 11.2?

4. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    As long as you follow the directions to a T, no it shouldn't. Just be sure to keep your Wi-Fi enabled at all times during the procedure and when you get the the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer (the guide will explain this) step, do not format your system otherwise you will brick.

5. TomboyGamerXL
    OP

TomboyGamerXL Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    United States
    Sorry for such a late response, the guide worked perfectly and I've booted Conquest with the patch without problem. Thank you so much for your help and time! :)

KunoichiZ likes this.