Fire Emblem: Awakening Remove Weapon Durability (inf uses) +more

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by DeathChaos25, Dec 22, 2015.

1. DeathChaos25
    OP

DeathChaos25 Unmei wo kaeru!

Oct 21, 2015
    Hello everyone!

By utilizing the newly released item editor from here, I have decided to edit every weapon to remove usage limits very much like Fates/If did.

There are a few exceptions though, every Glass Weapon, or Joke Weapons such as Tree Branch, or Laddle, these, alongside consumables have been left unedited.

I also decided to edit a few of the DLC items (Such as Limit breaker, Dread Scroll, Iote's Shield, Paragon, Wedding Bouquet, etc) to remove unnecessary grinding of these items.

Screenshots:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

NOTES: This removes the item numbers too as shown above, however, the engine calculates item amounts in a weird way, so this ends up giving you a lot of your items in a non fresh save, say for example you had a fresh 50/50 Bronze Sword in your save, loading this will now give you 50 Bronze Swords instead.

Just place this file inside the data folder.

THIS REQUIRES ACCESS TO EITHER CFW OR HANS TO BE USED.

(This has only been tested in the NA version as I do not have access to CFW, if anyone could test this in EUW and JPN versions let me know if it's successful)

Attached Files:

Last edited by DeathChaos25, Jan 16, 2016
    Shiro-san, GCNMatt, Juan2416 and 5 others like this.

2. SANNIC789

SANNIC789 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 3, 2015
    United States
    nise thanks :D

3. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    I'll test the EUR version with HANS tomorrow.

4. moneychild

moneychild Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2013
    United States
    Nice work.
    So...... is it possible to get this to work on gateway? (sys 9.0, emu 9.5) (dont really want to go into the cfw stuff)

5. DeathChaos25
    OP

Oct 21, 2015
    Well, I don't know much about CFW, but it should be pretty much the same way you get it working on HANS.

Extract the romfs for the game, decompress the romfs to get all of the files and folders using the tools from here, use RomFsExtractor (dont use crttool, that one doesnt correctly decrypt the Fire Emblem Romfs), you should get a bunch of files inside a folder called romfs_, inside there is a folder called data, drag the file from the first post there, then rebuild the romfs using RomfsBuilder, selecting the romfs_ folder from earlier, and this should be enough for HANS users, although in your case I assume you'd have to rebuild the 3DS rom with the new romfs?

Last edited by DeathChaos25, Dec 23, 2015
    moneychild likes this.
  6. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Sep 30, 2010
    Can you make a patch for a Delta patcher instead?

cearp likes this.
  7. DeathChaos25
    OP

Oct 21, 2015
    My method of Romhacks is HANS, meaning all we have to deal with is the romfs, I have no way of obtaining the entire ROM for the game, but extracting the romfs from the rom, decrypting the romfs, dragging my file in there, rebuild the romfs, and then rebuild the rom should be the process you need.

8. anhminh

Sep 30, 2010
    Yeah, the problem for me is the "rebuilt the rom" part.

My computer doesn't have that much ram to do this. If there is no patch then too bad for me.

9. UnassumingVenusaur

UnassumingVenusaur In All Her Gay Glory

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    Nice! This will make it a lot more convenient to grind supports for testing purposes.

10. DeathChaos25
    OP

Oct 21, 2015
    I actually made Seed of Trust infinite for this exact reason.

11. UnassumingVenusaur

UnassumingVenusaur In All Her Gay Glory

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    You did?! Thhhaaaankkk yooouuuuu uu uu uu uu u! Oh my god that makes it SO much simpler!

Also, I posted my M!Robin findings on Github.

12. anhminh

Sep 30, 2010
    Can you post this hack on that iso site?

13. KRavaskachi

KRavaskachi Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2016
    United States
    Might not be the right place, but every time I try to load the game through HANS, the game loads but when I select the file to continue, the game locks. I'm assuming that I did something wrong here, but I can't figure out what. Any suggestions?

14. DeathChaos25
    OP

Oct 21, 2015
    What program did you use to extract the contents from the romfs?

You need to use the Romfs extractor by SciresM and the Romfs builder from the same person, as this was made specifically for Fire Emblem games, because they contain files with Japanese characters.

15. KRavaskachi

KRavaskachi Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2016
    United States
    I was using the one from Asia81, thanks for the info
    EDIT: Thanks a ton, finally got it all running.

Last edited by KRavaskachi, Jan 16, 2016
  16. daniel26150

daniel26150 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2008
    Mexico
    Are you serious?? Why do you need this if arm shift makes your weapon almost unlimited

17. Rhapsody

Rhapsody GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    United States
    For someone who has NO idea what romfs is or how to use it, how do I install this for a CIA version of the game?

18. androgynus

androgynus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2014
    Canada
    does the enemy also have infinite weapons ?

19. gbatempuser32

gbatempuser32 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2016
    Oh! I am very much looking foward to using this since I am going through the mundane process of getting Master Seals and since Second Seals are quite random this will save me a lot of time. I have a eShop Download of FE:A EUW on a Emunand 10.3 on a o3DS 8.1. I will not mind testing this out for you, but is there any chance of data corruption of anything else nasty from happening?
    Can you please state which of these DLC items can be made unlimited and if this patch can indeed work on a CIA version of the game. Thank you!

20. DeathChaos25
    OP

Oct 21, 2015
    I assume you'd want to use NTR CFW and set up a layeredfs plugin, it's the easiest way imo, I have a game cartridge so I really wouldn't know how CIAs work.

Yes.

This should in no way negatively impact your save nor your system, at all.

Worst case scenario is, you save with this, load the save with a normal game, and your characters will have 0 uses left on their weapons, you can simply optimize or re equip to fix this issue.

As for DLC items, I don't remember them all, but off the top of my head, Limit Breaker, Paragon, Iote's Shield, and possibly Dread Fighter/Bride reclass items should be included, Seed of Trust was also made infinite for easier support grinding.