Gaming Finally Nintendo got Mario Bros right again

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game feels more like super mario world as far as difficulty goes, this is not like the SUPER EASY mario games since NSMB on the DS. I'm actually losing lives on this game instead of just being able to blindly run through without even half a care.

People who were fans of Super Mario World for the snes will be pleased with this generation of Super Mario Bros

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice i rember super mario world keep me stuck alot... i hope there's serect's exit's that you have to find to proceed...

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This game feels more like super mario world as far as difficulty goes, this is not like the SUPER EASY mario games since NSMB on the DS. I'm actually losing lives on this game instead of just being able to blindly run through without even half a care.

People who were fans of Super Mario World for the snes will be pleased with this generation of Super Mario Bros
super mario world was very easy, but new super mario bros wii is super hard, i lost 5-10 lives in each stage

aufgreifen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just being curious: Can you actually JUST play with a Wiimote and without ANY need of the Wii U gamepad, if you're just by yourself?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not a plateform gamer, but Mario World is the one I prefer in the series, innovative and good looking with backtracks (blocks to activate and come back later, multi-routes, lot of hiddens etc.)
Maybe I'll reconsider. it's only 1GB, I might download it from eshop then.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Good to know, thanks for the advice, SMW is my second favorite Super Mario game (The first is SMB3). I'll love playing this, the time I decide to buy a WiiU.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. SMW was my favorite game of all time (I have 100% it like 10 times, once without dieing except at the one part where you have to). This game really does feel like the spiritual successor to SMW except I felt that there weren't enough hidden exits (I think this game averaged about two per world), and the final level you get after finding all of the star coins is just stupid. I also would have liked to see the return of the color switch blocks (those were awesome secrets). Overall though this game is fantastic. The star coin levels were actually fairly challenging, and only one of them is frustrating (and yet still fun).

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also found the gamepad uncomfortable after long play sessions. The grips on the back are too small for my hands, so it was a little awkward to hold comfortably. Of course, I also find using a wiimote horizontally uncomfortable (however, vertically with a nunchuck is about the most comfortable controller configuration I have ever used). Does anybody know if you can use Wiimote + Nunchuck or the U pro controller (not that it will matter much since I have already 100% cleared the game, but I may want to play through once or twice moer with my buddies)?

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
super mario world was very easy, but new super mario bros wii is super hard, i lost 5-10 lives in each stage

Probably cause of how used to the game (new physics, new mario tricks and power ups, etc) and its tracks you are..
Mario World is out for ages ...but NSMBW, not that much..

NSMBW still easier, without any doubt

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.