Final steps of DSiWare downgrade

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by GoatyTV, Sep 27, 2016.

1. GoatyTV
    OP

GoatyTV Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2016
    United States
    Hello again folks! I am nearly complete with downgrading my new 3DS using Plilects guide. I am on step VIII here https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade and it's saying move the contents of firmware.zip to the dgTool directory. I assume that one of the files I downloaded from the top section of "What you'll need" has been renamed from firmware.zip to something else. What goes in there? I tried putting the files from 11.1.0_to_10.4.0_n3ds to there, but no dice. Launching Fieldrunners just results in an error. Any idea where I get the correct files? Thanks.

2. GoatyTV
    OP

GoatyTV Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2016
    United States
    So apparently I was correct in putting the files from 11.1.0_to_10.4.0_n3ds in there. Here is the error I get when I launch Fieldrunners and click scores.

"Version: v1.1
    Initializing sdmmc, insert SD card
    if not already inserted.
    sdmmc init failed.
    Waiting for sdcard to be inserted
    and initialized...."

SD card is in there, what is fieldrunners actually launching?

Should I redo the fieldrunners save on the old 3ds and copy it over again? The hack is working it seems. But something isn't loading correctly. I did the insertion of the n3ds firmware to the save file as required in the earlier section where it was edited on the 3ds #1.

Last edited by GoatyTV, Sep 27, 2016
  3. GoatyTV
    OP

GoatyTV Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2016
    United States
    Wait, I did it! I just rebooted a bunch of times and it eventually launched. I have completed the downgrade it seems woohoo!

4. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Lol congrats!