Hacking File manager query

Foxizhot93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am asking this question of both you fellas and the guys in PS3Hax hopefully someone can help. Tried searching but didn’t quite find exactly what I’m looking for.
I have a slim ps3 with ferrox 4.82 cfw, I have been installing games to my ps3 internal hdd 2 ways. First is ripping physical games with multiman, I put the game in the Blu-ray drive, load multiman and press triangle and copy. This copies the game to dev/hdd0/GAMES
d368df89af413527eed0d8d50d4ec067.jpg
and they are available to choose in multiman backup manager
49a11a6a0db7bd383288faaea2127976.jpg

but not in my ps3 xmb. The second method is downloading a backup in pkg form from psndl and ftp directly to dev/hdd_0/pkg and putting the associated .rap or edat file on a usb. I then use multiman click install package files under the multiman heading in multimans xmb, I click install and it puts me back out to the ps3 xmb and I click install package files under the game heading and install them as normal. I then use psnpatch to patch the rap files, then the games are accessed via the ps3 xmb.
6c658bb3133e7628494cfdcc7d483359.jpg

All is well games work as they should. Problem is now I have 2 different places to view my games some in the ps3 xmb and some in the multiman backup manager but not all in one or the other and that is what I am looking for. I tried managuns but can’t get any backup manager to recognize the files in their location dev/hdd_0/game
241a46e88ab73b2b152179bad7662e5a.jpg

Which is where the games appear to be saved according to file manager in multiman. I have tried moving files all over the hdd and making them into ISO format but no luck. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this so all the games can be accessed in one place
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So first of all:
GAME folder that PS3 HDD has is a official folder that the PS3 will use for installations and PSN games - this folder exists and is crucial for everything to work with the PS3.
GAMES or GAMEZ if you are extra cool, are both folders about all backup managers search for, when searching for Disc based backups in "RAW" format.
PS3 actually has a debug functions for mounting these as virtual disc and that feature is more or less unlocked for general use by CFW's. I am probably not entirely correct but it is kinda more or less that. Cobra also adds ability for ISO formats to work which includes some additional coding to make more stuff work.

NOW: This said, you do not want to ever manually manage the GAME folder with a file manager, if you are going to remove a game remove it from main menu just to be sure. I fucked up PS3 file systems before and I save something even if only like 10-15 minutes for a forced HDD recheck you may need to do.

As for having GAMES in your main menu: This is not possible straight as is. Messing with PS3 main menu seemingly is not just that simple that one could implement multiman into it or anything like that. Some tool needs to do the special calls and mount points to mount specific folder as a virtual disc that is actually mounted as a virtual HDD/DRIVE that "physically is made to exist" but doesn't actually exist and that HDD is just the disc.

Only thing you might want is install something called Webman: Webman is a addition plugin that does require cobra, which most CFW's should have these days. Webman is a multi faceted backup manager which instead being a application, is a plugin and works from XMB. Aside from using web browser in a computer connected to same lan to choose your games to mount, it also adds a XMB submenu under the GAMES XMB menu, and will have a list of your GAMEZ in XMB, and you can mount them from XMB. Only "downside" or hitch to how it does this is with it always opening a web browser to mount a game since it is sending the command as a web command and then invokes browser close asking user to confirm this.
AFAIK Webman is closest to what you want and that actually exists for hacked PS3's.

TL;DR: Get webman. Never manage GAME folder manually with a filemanager unless a install fudges up part way into a installation.

Foxizhot93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like I might have to try this. I have tried to download web man but apparently for the cfw of ferrox I have it doesn’t have cobra therefore I can’t dl webman. Does anyone know if I switch firmware will I lose all the content loaded on my hdd

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Sounds like I might have to try this. I have tried to download web man but apparently for the cfw of ferrox I have it doesn’t have cobra therefore I can’t dl webman. Does anyone know if I switch firmware will I lose all the content loaded on my hdd

Switching firmwares should not affect the HDD or anything like that. only reformatting etc. does.
Currently I would recommend rebug. Even though currently the newest 4.82.1 version is "only" a "lite" version, as usually Rebug is a CFW that pairs up Debug firmware functions into itself, making it a Debug console and Retail console compatible, with functions of debug console in a retail one and vice versa, it still is quite feature full CFW that comes with newest versions of cobra, and even version of webman in the CFW itself so you do not really need to install webman, unless you want to specifically update webman to the newest version.

ONLY note about rebug is that you do need it's toolbox; Rebug ships with cobra and Webman but those need to be enabled specifically with Rebug toolbox.

https://rebug.me/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning