ROM Hack Discussion FFXV POCKET EDITION HD Save Editor

zergslayer69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Decided to dump the saves with checkpoint and weirdly the game gives you txt files. Nothing in the files indicate stats or anything like that, not that I noticed anyways.

TKT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i managed to find xp gold and skill points. there are two different files. they both contain similar data. when i modify the values on user 1 or user 2 on thier own. it just loads up the old values. when i modify both user 1 and 2 together the save dissapears and it starts up fresh with the opening scene. my guess is it becomes corrupt. most likely encrypted.

TimeMaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i managed to find xp gold and skill points. there are two different files. they both contain similar data. when i modify the values on user 1 or user 2 on thier own. it just loads up the old values. when i modify both user 1 and 2 together the save dissapears and it starts up fresh with the opening scene. my guess is it becomes corrupt. most likely encrypted.
Interesting

andyblake

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you can edit some things but not others - e.g. AP, gil and number of items in your inventory are fine but the character stats need more work. Basically change the values in both files then edit the data.txt file to contain your altered md5 checksum (lowercase) for both files and new file sizes for the two files. Then replace the save.

Last edited by andyblake,
Reactions: TKT and Type_O_Dev

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can edit some things but not others - e.g. AP, gil and number of items in your inventory are fine but the character stats need more work. Basically change the values in both files then edit the data.txt file to contain your altered md5 checksum (lowercase) for both files and new file sizes for the two files. Then replace the save.
If you have a list of what can be edited pm me. ld put something together for use with EdiZon

Dex^Luthor

Trophies
XP
Country
anyone working on this?

I tried this method but always getting my save corrupted.

andyblake

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What program are you using to edit the files? How are you generating the new md checksum after editing to change alter the hash values in the save files? Are you lowercasing the MD5 hash?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.