FFVII Eboot Adrenaline Error "80010005"

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when trying to launch the official north american eboot of ffvii in adrenaline, whether i download it from pkgj or cdromance, it gets to the health info screen and then crashes with the error "The game could not be started (80010005)"

a bit ago i took my microsd card out of my sd2vita for a while and used it for my steam deck. recently i took it out, reformatted it, and put it back into my vita (japanese 1000 launch model with henkaku installed, btw). after doing this, all my live area folders were gone, and so i had to reorganise all my bubbles. klonoa 1 (and probably other eboot games) still has an adrenaline bubbles manager bubble, but the game doesn't appear in the adrenaline xmb menu. other eboots have none of these issues and boot fine. this all makes me wonder if my issue is related to swapping my sd card

Last edited by CaseyDog,

japan-human-x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This is an error that the save data (VMP) checksum is broken.
Place the reconverted save data using this tool and it should start

1 vpm>mcr
2 mcr>vmp

Correction procedure
From VMP to MCR
Reconverting from mcr to vmp completes the fix

If reconverting doesn't fix the problem (80010005) and the error persists, try deleting your save data

Attachments

• PSX PSP Memory card converter.rar
    11.8 KB · Views: 80
Last edited by japan-human-x,

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trying to do the first step just gives me this error:
1684119248507.png

i should mention that i copied this save off my ps1 memory card in my ps2 using ulaunchelf, where it was an extension-less file that seems to depend on the hex code in it

also, the second step says i need to inject the mcr into another vmp file, which also needs to be "open". could you please explain that more?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all psx memory cards are 128Kbs or 16 blocks. the first block is the toc, so that the system knows what each save is. the next 15 are the saves. all saves, including toc, start with SC and go on for a length of 0x2000/block. you can't use a simple save in this case. it needs to be a save inside of a memory card for the psp iirc. that's how it is with virtually all psx memory cards for any system. you can either use mcr or hex in, but to hex in, you already need a save for that game, because the toc needs to be created. mcr and other save versions add a KB to the top in most cases with the toc info. that's like save name and title id.

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all psx memory cards are 128Kbs or 16 blocks. the first block is the toc, so that the system knows what each save is. the next 15 are the saves. all saves, including toc, start with SC and go on for a length of 0x2000/block. you can't use a simple save in this case. it needs to be a save inside of a memory card for the psp iirc. that's how it is with virtually all psx memory cards for any system. you can either use mcr or hex in, but to hex in, you already need a save for that game, because the toc needs to be created. mcr and other save versions add a KB to the top in most cases with the toc info. that's like save name and title id.
what do you mean by use mcr in this case? i thought adrenaline could only use vmp's? also, if i successfully convert this save and start playing on my vita, would it still work if i put it back on my memory card?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought you said mcr to vmp. I think vmp even uses the same method. psx are raw. there is no file system, so you can hex them in to any format really, including vmp. all psx saves start with SC, then go on for a length of 0x2000 or 8KBs. that's per block. very easy to do if you're comfortable with hex editing. you can use the converters if you wish, but most rely on memory cards rather than saves. you'll have to inject your save into one of them. I know vmp are memory cards.

japan-human-x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm not good at English so it's difficult to explain
If there is no problem
Please upload your save data
i will fix
Post automatically merged:

trying to do the first step just gives me this error:
View attachment 371393

i should mention that i copied this save off my ps1 memory card in my ps2 using ulaunchelf, where it was an extension-less file that seems to depend on the hex code in it

also, the second step says i need to inject the mcr into another vmp file, which also needs to be "open". could you please explain that more?
with this tool
You can create a memory card image (mcr)
Post automatically merged:

Since the (80010005) error is a vmp issue.
Delete current save data (vmp)
Create and place a new VMP from (mcr).

Attachments

• mca_v20a-2022-06-16.zip
    594.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited by japan-human-x,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find