Few questions on iosu

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by myunholysins, Nov 5, 2016.

1. myunholysins
    OP

myunholysins Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    1) which is probably what I care most about do you think we will somehow see a nintendont port to wii u, something kinda like a automatic launcher that just takes you into nintendont same way we just go into the wii menu.

2) do you think we will be able to split the harddrive. so one format for wii u menu and one for vwii. I just want this for nintendont so I don't need two harddrives, I know right now it's not possible but if it was I guess I would rather wait. Than buy two harddrives.

2. PeeJay Bonobo

PeeJay Bonobo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2014
    United States
    Far Rockaway, New York
    1. Installing Wii U Homebrew as a legitimate Wii U title must be possible for that to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if the possibility isn't too far from reality, what, with wupserver/wupclient out and the Brazilian exploit, and all.

2. That is definitely something I would want as well, to be able to use one HDD for Wii and Wii U stuff, without the need for the Wii U's filesystem crammed into the HDD. That would make it a lot easier to mod games because Windows has access to FAT32 and NTFS. I know you said split the partitions, but I'd rather format my drive to NTFS and use it for both purposes. :P

With that out of the way, I do have a few questions of my own regarding IOSU stuff:

1. Will it be possible for WUPClient to remove/replace files, specifically for games installed on system memory or USB? I can already download the files to my computer like I can with DDD.

2. Assuming that RedNAND may be useful to me in the future, will it soon be possible to adjust the NAND dump total size? I have a deluxe Wii U, but my 128GB MicroSDXC has already been assigned to my GPD XD (Android gaming tablet). I'd definitely settle for an 8GB NAND Dump.

3. iAqua

iAqua

Dec 7, 2015
    Antarctica

4. PeeJay Bonobo

PeeJay Bonobo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2014
    United States
    Far Rockaway, New York
    One of the reasons I suggested this is because of how Cafiine works: over the network. Because it works over the network, it would, 100% of the time, load the files too slowly, plus, if you have connection problems, your game will hang.

That's very good to hear, but I'm certain they will.