Hacking Few questions about modded Wii

g12345567

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Modded an original GameCube compatible Wii a Many years ago using ModdMii and everything is working fine. Haven't touched or changed things in a long time.

Current setup is 2tb USB Hdd
Partition 1: Fat32 for USB loaders, software and GameCube Games.
Partition 2: NTFS for Wii WBFS games.

Current 2TB HDD is full. Just wondering if I use a larger size HDD such as 3 of 4tb. Or would it be better to just use a second 2tb HDD instead and swap as needed?

Want to install DLC, Virtual Console and WiiWare games. Can they be installed and run from an external hard drive. Are they accessed though one of the USB loaders I have installed such as USB loader GX, CFG USB loader or WiiFLow I have instelled. What is the best and safest way to install them?

Can the Wii be set to use an SD card instead of the internal for storage, software and saves? Since the internal storage is only 512mb and quite small.

Last edited by g12345567,

g12345567

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Look into an emulated Nand. Modmii can even help build it under its Sneek menu. After your emunand is set up, you can launch it using neek or USB loader gx
Thanks for the info. I'll look into finding a recent guide to see how to do this to install VC, WiiWare and other stuff on a USB HDD or large SD memory card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That counts as a software update :tpi: