ROM Hack FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Interesting. These aren't set on the characters who would normally have them, so I guess the game checks for either these flags or a particular character ID when deciding whether they can use a given personal weapon?
Actually, those are bitflags that are set on the first 8 bytes of a character block inside GameData.bin.lz, I think it's rather strange that these values are actually saved and read from the save data though.

Reactions: Harvest God

Deallocate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, those are bitflags that are set on the first 8 bytes of a character block inside GameData.bin.lz, I think it's rather strange that these values are actually saved and read from the save data though.

I know, right? You'd think they'd be constant, and as such, not need to depend on the save file. Do you think it could have something to do with the Recollection of Bubbles DLC, where the kids wield their parent's signature weapons?

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I know, right? You'd think they'd be constant, and as such, not need to depend on the save file. Do you think it could have something to do with the Recollection of Bubbles DLC, where the kids wield their parent's signature weapons?
Nah, to put it in simple terms, those aren't the same kids that are used in the base game, they use a completely different character block that has the bitflags set.

It's like saying prologue Ryoma is the same as playable Ryoma, no 2 characters are ever alike, Prologue Ryoma has his own character block, Chapter 4 Ryoma has his own block, chapter 5 Ryoma has his own block, chapter 6 Ryoma has 3 different blocks depending on which route you chose, you get the point, no 2 instances of the same character use the same character block.

Deallocate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, to put it in simple terms, those aren't the same kids that are used in the base game, they use a completely different character block that has the bitflags set.

It's like saying prologue Ryoma is the same as playable Ryoma, no 2 characters are ever alike, Prologue Ryoma has his own character block, Chapter 4 Ryoma has his own block, chapter 5 Ryoma has his own block, chapter 6 Ryoma has 3 different blocks depending on which route you chose, you get the point, no 2 instances of the same character use the same character block.

Oh yeah, good point. I forgot that the DLC used kids with preset stats rather than your own ones. I dunno, then. Fingers crossed for DLC that let additional units wield the PRF weapons.

TildeHat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think the bitflags being in the saves is due to them being able to change during events. If the game only loaded the bitflags through the character block then those changes would be removed if someone were to suspend a map and quit.

luxandark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the offset I need to change to kill a unit? I just finished Ch. 21 of Revelation and after running my save through the editor to change some hair colors, a certain someone popped back up in my roster.

RainThunder

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you know Missletain's id for that?
Yes.
Code:
07 xx xx xx xx xx xx 01 xx

Interesting. These aren't set on the characters who would normally have them, so I guess the game checks for either these flags or a particular character ID when deciding whether they can use a given personal weapon?
Those flags are also exist in the game's files. I think the game use OR operator to both flags, then use the result to determine if a character can use those weapons. I actually implement that idea in the DragonVein.cs file.

Last edited by RainThunder,

Derlohgocker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Units are not added to your party until you clear the chapter, so if she died as soon as you got her, as far as the game is concerned, you didn't get anything.
its not realated to this editor but too something with your custom dlc that use a havent find another way to tell it quick to you but yeah
i have used your v3 custom dlc and while i playing realation path (sorry for spoiler at other people)
and at the chapter with mikoto the game and 3ds crashes after trying to battle her and it happen with her and without her on your units and i think the same happen with garon and sumeragi

Thunder Kai

#TeamRem
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not realated to this editor but too something with your custom dlc that use a havent find another way to tell it quick to you but yeah
i have used your v3 custom dlc and while i playing realation path (sorry for spoiler at other people)
and at the chapter with mikoto the game and 3ds crashes after trying to battle her and it happen with her and without her on your units and i think the same happen with garon and sumeragi
Uninstall the DLC until you are finished with the chapter?

Deallocate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uninstall the DLC until you are finished with the chapter?

Notably, if you uninstall the DLC to progress the story, you'll lose all levels you have on the characters. The best you can do is update your logbook and buy them back later.

Yeah, that's why I never added in the hacked characters. It bothers me a bit that they mess up certain portions of the main story and DLC, even if I never intend to play those chapters again.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Notably, if you uninstall the DLC to progress the story, you'll lose all levels you have on the characters. The best you can do is update your logbook and buy them back later.

Yeah, that's why I never added in the hacked characters. It bothers me a bit that they mess up certain portions of the main story and DLC, even if I never intend to play those chapters again.
Well, I'm just one person, I can't possibly test every possible specific scenario, but noted, they shouldn't conflict, but I'm guessing that since they Share the same PID it's what makes them mess up the game, the same used to happen with Chrom/Lissa/Frederick and that got fixed, no reason these 3 can't get fixed too.

Reactions: Thunder Kai

Deallocate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm just one person, I can't possibly test every possible specific scenario, but noted, they shouldn't conflict, but I'm guessing that since they Share the same PID it's what makes them mess up the game, the same used to happen with Chrom/Lissa/Frederick and that got fixed, no reason these 3 can't get fixed too.

Aaaaaaagh I didn't mean to demean your work or anything! I'm a big fan of the work you do in Fates hacking, and I look forward to your continued progress. I didn't intend for that to sound like a passive-aggressive accusation of shoddy coding or anything like that.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Aaaaaaagh I didn't mean to demean your work or anything! I'm a big fan of the work you do in Fates hacking, and I look forward to your continued progress. I didn't intend for that to sound like a passive-aggressive accusation of shoddy coding or anything like that.
Don't worry, I know that wasn't the intention ;)

But strangely enough, these kinds of crashes only occur when there is a PID match, but if there is a character ID match the game just uses the DLC assets, some strange behavior.

Reactions: FlappyFalco

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop looking at my hooked pp
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    my bad, blame it on lack of lube
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Barrels of lube
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    still busy hackin' ps4?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If the damn script would work it'd be nice
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    maybe it's the incompatible model
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's because I have a arch64 model tv it's just normal ps4 bs
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    yeah, the JB does not activate instantly, because it relies on a flaw showing up in a process
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm on a older 6.72, still kinda tempted to upgrade, maybe a 9.00
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i probably cant go higher than 9.00 becus i have the CUH-22XX model
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I keep getting stuck on waiting for padi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    hmmm, i got no clue, i need to re-check their step by step guide
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    11.0 hack is great if you got a webos tv
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i dont have LG tvs around