Feels like mt-card is dead

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Yil, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Yil
    OP

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    OR IT TAKES ETERNITY TO MAKE A NEWER FIRMWARE
    They have not been doing any update like a progress report or a newer firmware. They have as well promised to develop some further function like cheat with a built-in cpu.
    I have been sending multiple emails including a Chinese one in a rate of once a week and yet get no response.

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    just wait till gateway puts something out for them to use :P

tairo, emo kid 68, gamefan5 and 4 others like this.
  3. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    i wonder why you get no response :sarcasm:

Essometer likes this.
  4. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Mar 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Speaking of which... It's been a while since we heard from the Gateway team. It sounds like they're having more trouble with the 7.x encryption than they let on.

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    yeah, although there was a 6 month (or something like that) wait for multi-rom :rofl2:

tbh i would imagine gateway would really really want to find some way of stopping the clones copying the 7.x fix, although thats what i have assumed with past delays and every time they still get it anyway, but if they did have some way of making sure the clone cards couldn't copy it, it would set them apart as the only card that does newer games....until the clones finally crack it

but who knows for all we know gateway could be bs'ing us all and have no way at all to fix it.......but lets just wait and see, its a shame gateway had to remove their public email, probably due to people sending constant emails every few days saying "is it done yet"..."is it done yet"....."is it done yet"......."you suck and you are liars diiieeeee"

things are ready when they are ready, but it was nice to see the occasional email response to know they are actually still doing something....even if it is randomly replying to a bunch of email every few weeks XD

anyway back OT though, i don't think MT ever had anything even resembling cheat support, they just said it to get sales from people who make impulse purchases

6. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves

I have my own theories based on my own judgement and investigation since the beginning of this year, as GW dev(s) could be single manned (one person) or if not, two or three programmers at best, who then debug their own code afterwards instead of having their own dedicated QA team.

@ the OP. Speculation and information I have read via external sources have mentioned MT card being the masterminds since day one with 3DS flash-carts and are actually an alias of GW. Remember they had Multi-Rom supported months before GW did, though its accessed differently and the card design (updating is different).

I know they seem to only release updates after GW do their's but think about it, and plus, they stopped responding to emails months ago like GW did. Its all hear say, and each to their own, if they believe or not, yet like I have said many times in the past it's majorly corrupt in all aspects of this business more than I ever seen with any game console backup device for the past 17 years.

7. Oxybelis

Oxybelis GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2010
    Because it was in GW firmware most likely. And MT found it when they were copying firmware.

8. Yil
    OP

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    I take it back, today they finally reply,in Chinese, and state that they are working on the new firmware

9. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Could you please post a screenshot?

10. Yil
    OP

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    Of what

11. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    Beat me to it, hahahaha!

12. Steena

Steena GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    Italy
    Things that never once lived cannot be dead.

13. shamzie

shamzie Oh David de Gea <3

Mar 19, 2014
    Manchester
    Of their reply? People would like to see their response ..

14. Yil
    OP

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    screen mt-card.jpg
    It means the next update is coming with new features and will come in no time

15. Thesolcity

Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

Oct 2, 2010
    United States
    San Miguel

Are you worried? (´・ω・`)

16. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.

Maybe he doesn't handle rejection very well? (Teehee)