ROM Hack Fe Fates Save Hex Editing Guide

FoxyGrandyboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no generic witch in the main game's data. Just wait a bit, as deathchaos is trying to give the witch the right hair (it might even be fixed already, not sure).

Thanks for the reply! Wasn't sure if this was a dead thread. Good to know!

EDIT: Yeah, he fixed it. Looks like he used Lucina's face and hair as a subsitute.

Last edited by FoxyGrandyboi,
D

Deleted-443945

may i ask if it is possible to change my avatar's name somehow? i edited the name in all 3 of my save slots for birthright, conquest and revelation via hex editing but in the end when i loaded up my save files it reverted back to my old name. help?

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
may i ask if it is possible to change my avatar's name somehow? i edited the name in all 3 of my save slots for birthright, conquest and revelation via hex editing but in the end when i loaded up my save files it reverted back to my old name. help?
Did you inject the edited save?

D

Deleted-443945

Did you inject the edited save?
i think i did. there is a likelihood i might have screwed something up, in which case i will retry again, but can you confirm that it is possible to change the avatar's name via hex editing?

also thanks in advance for still keeping this old thread active lol

Last edited by ,

Omegablu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i did. there is a likelihood i might have screwed something up, in which case i will retry again, but can you confirm that it is possible to change the avatar's name via hex editing?

also thanks in advance for still keeping this old thread active lol
It is definitely possible, as the name is stored as plaintext in the character block. As long as you did it right it should work.

D

Deleted-443945

It is definitely possible, as the name is stored as plaintext in the character block. As long as you did it right it should work.
i managed to rename the names of the saves successfully but the avatar's unit still has his old name. how do i fix those?

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted-443945

Should be in the spot labeled in the diagrams on the op in the character's block.
i actually figured it out, was able to easily locate the unit's hex data thanks to FEFTwiddler and from there i edited the name of the unit itself the same way i did for my save files.

thank you very much for the assistance!

Lasoona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey is it possible to change a character's S support? if so is it doable via feftwiddler or should i use HxD? Trying to support ryoma to scarlet, already made her shiro's mom ;v;

Kami-sama

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
This thread has had multiple resurrections so I guess it's alright to do another one. I have two questions about save editing:

First, how do I unlock all resource buildings? The FEFTwiddler change log said it added a megacheat that unlocks all buildings and statues but it only has the option to unlock statues so I guess I'll have to unlock resource buildings manually.

And second, is it possible to unlock all chapters for replay simultaneously like with amiibo battles or the game doesn't allow it?

Omegablu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread has had multiple resurrections so I guess it's alright to do another one. I have two questions about save editing:

First, how do I unlock all resource buildings? The FEFTwiddler change log said it added a megacheat that unlocks all buildings and statues but it only has the option to unlock statues so I guess I'll have to unlock resource buildings manually.

And second, is it possible to unlock all chapters for replay simultaneously like with amiibo battles or the game doesn't allow it?
I personally do not know the answer to those questions but if you ask in the FEFTwiddler thread that'll get the attention of more people. I'd also recommend searching that thread for some answers too.

Jokiir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really, REALLY need a way to mess with the BP / VP points. Has anyone figued out what that "Ratings" save is? (In the same place as "Chapter" and "Global" saves) This is basically the one thing I can't really do without online, as I'm using citra.

Pyrageis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant figure out what it what as for me the avatar name starts on the last part of 00001140View attachment 221824

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

is there a way to make it so I will be one gender while my character looks like the other via hex editing or no and if not could someone help me do that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte