FBI error on EmuNAND after double format

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by pustal, Apr 4, 2016.

1. pustal
    OP

pustal Koalafied member.

Jul 19, 2011
    Portugal
    The Matrix
    Following Plailect's A9LH guide, after formatting EmuNAND twice I get and error every time I try to install something with FBI.

For instance, trying to install PlaiSysUpdater.cia I get error:

Installed failed!
    PlaiSysUpdater.cia
    Source: SOURCE_FSFILE_WRITE (0x1c)
    Module: MODULE_NN_AM (0x20)
    Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0x1b)
    Summary: SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0x7)
    Description: <unkown> (0x21)

What could be the source of this, what can I do? I tried to replaced FBI with BigBlueBox and also gives error.

2. Just3DS

Just3DS GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2015
    Are you booting into Cakes CFW as stated in the guide? You need to format two times using TinyFormat cia (but that again comes to the question I asked).

EDIT: If you are following Getting the OTP section (Part 4) you need to use Cakes CFW as mentioned in the guide (Part 3).

Last edited by Just3DS, Apr 4, 2016
  3. pustal
    OP

pustal Koalafied member.

Jul 19, 2011
    Portugal
    The Matrix
    I'm using Cakes at this point like in the guide.

I've formatted twice, but no longer are able to install anything, including tinyformat.

Just3DS likes this.
  4. astronautlevel

astronautlevel The Young Descendent of Tepes

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Siteā„¢
    You have FBI injected, correct?

pustal and Just3DS like this.
  5. Just3DS

Just3DS GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2015
    If you coming from Part 3 of the Guide and following it exactly as it is make sure the settings for Cakes CFW (the one that you did initially as per guide Part 3). Were you able to install TinyFormat CIA via FBI (injected into H&S app).

EDIT: Like astronautlevel mentioned above, you need to inject FBI cia to H&S as per guide and when booting into Cakes CFW (make sure the Cakes CFW settings in menu) you have to install TinyFormat cia using H&S (which is now FBI) and use that to format two times, don't use system format option from system settings. After first format using TinyFormat you may need to inject FBI again and then install TinyFormat cia again to do second format.

Last edited by Just3DS, Apr 4, 2016
    pustal and astronautlevel like this.
  6. pustal
    OP

pustal Koalafied member.

Jul 19, 2011
    Portugal
    The Matrix
    Correct.

No, I already had a EmuNAND setup on the console. Just injected FBI on it (it had BigBlueBox before) then formatted it twice. And yes, before I installed TinyFormat twice and then, after the second format, not longer was able to install anything.

Last edited by pustal, Apr 4, 2016
  7. pustal
    OP

pustal Koalafied member.

Jul 19, 2011
    Portugal
    The Matrix
    Seem to solve the issue after renaming "Nintendo 3DS" to "_Nintendo 3DS" folder on the SD card.