Android Favourite custom roms

• Thread starter Deleted-236924
  • Start date
  • Views 1,248
  • Replies 9
D

Deleted-236924

OP
I'm interested in knowing what's everyone's favourite custom rom and why?

I had CM10.2 installed and had to restore my phone to a backup I made earlier because I ran into problems (problems were mostly my fault and not CM10.2's), but now that I'm about to install another custom rom, I think I might look into something else.

I was interested in AOKP/AOSP, but it doesn't look like it existed for Nexus S for some reason.
I'm thinking I might just go back to CM10.2 (latest stable for Cyanogenmod), but I had some problems with it such as phone not vibrating when receiving text messages even though the option was enabled, and gesture typing not working (<-- this is what messed the whole thing up when I tried fixing it.)

If anyone has suggestions of what custom rom (Android 4.2+) to use (I'd prefer sticking to the major, well-known ones), as long as it has a build for Nexus S (crespo), I'd like to hear suggestions.

You can also suggest roms even if they're not compatible with Nexus S, because then other people who might be looking for the best rom to fit their needs could have more info on that.

So basically, tell us what your favourite custom rom is, list some reasons why you like that one in particular (and if you can, listing some things you like less would be nice as well.)

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Using Cyanogenmod 7.1, I still love Gingerbread better than ICS/JB.

My stock HTC Sense rom is good but meh, it gets slow after a while, so I'm using Cyanogenmod with an OC kernel, ext4 partition using int2ext4+ and using Fly on Mod's mod.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I used Mini CM7 on my old phone.
Don't use any custom rom on my new one since most of them cause network problems. I tried several CM11 and modded stock roms though.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Previously used Gummy ROM on my Galaxy S4, but after a couple force closes on a few things I switched over to NamelessROM which has been running great since.

Normally I use CM, though. I always prefer it over Stock ROMs in general as a first flash. Never bother with any extra features that other ROMs like Paranoid Android and MIUI and stuff.

On my HP Touchpad I've got CM9 though, and it works pretty great for what I use it for.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It has to be venom, great stability and battery life. But the best thing is the customization you can do the nearly every bit of the Rom..............................sudeki300

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, it seems that dtapple disabled others posting on their profile, they might be going...