ROM Hack Fastboot3ds installation through Godmode9?

MiiJack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
Hello, would like to get some help concerning the topic. I know you can use Openfirminstaller to install it, but I want to streamline it by making a script. I'm not sure if it installs on firm0.bin & firm1.bin and I'm kinda scared to brick the 3ds.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OpenFirmInstaller is basically a reworked SafeB9SInstaller that installs fastboot3ds instead of boot9strap. No need for a script as that just adds complexity.

As long as your SD card isn't fake or faulty, you will not brick when changing the bootloader. If you want to change it back to boot9strap, just rerun SafeB9SInstaller with the boot9strap folder.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GM9 > select fastboot3ds.firm (or gm9, or boot9strap, etc) > install > as firm0, that's all, no "dedicated" software required :)

Reactions: MiiJack

MiiJack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
Would like to ask in the same topic, how do I setup fastboot3DS to boot the boot.firm on the SD, and if it's not present, boot the boot.firm on the NAND (both Luma).

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To recreate boot9strap setup on fastboot3ds,
  • [+] Boot setup... → [✓] Setup [slot 1]... → [✓] Select [slot 1] firm → sdmc:/boot.firm
  • [✓] Set [slot 1] autoboot
and similarly for Luma3DS found on SYSNAND.
  • [+] Boot setup... → [✓] Setup [slot 2]... → [✓] Select [slot 2] firm → nand:/boot.firm
  • [✓] Set [slot 2] autoboot

If you want no splash screen,
  • [+] Boot setup... → [✓] Change boot mode... → [✓] Set quiet boot

To add button combo to trigger booting a specific FIRM payload,
  • [✓] Setup [slot #]... → [✓] Set [slot #] keycombo → [✓] Select [slot #] firm Press and hold button combos until they're registered.
  • This option undoes the default [ ] Set [slot #] autoboot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: