Far-Cry 4 Confirmed?.

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Logan97, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Logan97
    OP

Logan97 G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Where all things matter
    Satangel likes this.
  2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    It is normally at this point I edit wikipedia to say something highly anticipated has been cancelled or something unexpected has been brought back but I am far too lazy to do that.

Looking around there has been a teaser and some rumours about multiplayer, nothing especially concrete right now.

Satangel likes this.
  3. Logan97
    OP

Logan97 G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Where all things matter
    Thanks for the info, also I found something else interesting relating to upcoming games, last year I was searched upcoming games on wiki , and I found halo 5 and halo 6, and halo 5/6 was coming out late 2015 I'll post the link if I ever find it lol http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_in_video_gaming

4. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    Let it come, sooner rather than later. Loved FC3, just loved it.

CydoniaDS and 6SoulTriox like this.
  5. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    I think FC 3's sales confirmed FC 4 a good while ago.

Far Cry 3 was the bee's knees, so I'll definitely be happy with a sequel... just as long as they followup on Blood Dragon in some way. I'm holding on to the vision, damn it!

CydoniaDS and AceWarhead like this.
  6. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Farcry 4? yes of course there will be another. I can't wait, just recently started Farcry 3.

7. CydoniaDS

CydoniaDS Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2014
    Earth
    Me too!
    B-):yay:

8. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    It had a lot of promise. When I first started it, I was all like, Hell this is almost a better experience than the stalker games!

But then, sadly, the game started to show how shallow it was. Crafting was a joke, the game was incredibly unlively and had random scripted encounters, and there was actually no one to talk to or interact with on the islands. It was like walking through an uncanny valley simulation. And then when you explore, you start to notice how everything just melts into the same generic feeling... at least the story missions stay fresh, but that's almost all there is. All other sidequests are pretty generic and unfulfilling, uninspired.

And then half-way through the game, the thing just gives up. At least with mods we can make crafting, weapons, levels, skills, and a bunch of other things far more scarce and as such far more important, as well as make the game more enjoyable overall, but with no dev kit publicly available, modding is pretty flaccid.

I hope a potential sequel can improve on everything, but given Ubisoft's recent track record, they've become the new CoD developer, rehashing the same shit over and over with token improvements, and preview footage that looks nothing like the final game :(

9. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Exactly how I felt.
    It was a beautiful looking game, but aside from that it got boring really quick.

10. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    I love collecting things, scavenging and then selling it to become richer. It's the reason I enjoy Bethesda games so much, just love walking around in the world and looting everything I can.
    I didn't mind the crafting or the 'uncanny valley simulation' at all, wonderful game, great graphics, great atmosphere. 10/10 will play again.

Especially considering how repetitive FC2 was, FC3 was such a big improvement.