Hacking Failed to mount CTRNAND

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It may also be possible that you are using a .sha file from another backup. In my opinion, this is what you should try:
1. Backup your current nand (sysnand backup min size) just in case something goes wrong. Remember to copy both the bin and the sha files to your pc before proceeding.
2. Try to restore the "corrupted" nand. But before doing that, remove its sha file from the sd (Remember to select the keep a9lh option)

In the worst case, you'll still have access to a9lh and be able to restore the nand made in step 1.

Last edited by PabloMK7,
Reactions: Quantumcat

ThatIndian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may also be possible that you are using a .sha file from another backup. In my opinion, this is what you should try:
1. Backup your current nand (sysnand backup min size) just in case something goes wrong. Remember to copy both the bin and the sha files to your pc before proceeding.
2. Try to restore the "corrupted" nand. But before doing that, remove its sha file from the sd (Remember to select the keep a9lh option)

In the worst case, you'll still have access to a9lh and be able to restore the nand made in step 1.

would i just use hourglass9 to restore the nand or use something like decrypt9?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

EDIT: The nand header was not recognized

D

Deleted User

I'm facing the same issue here where my initial backup was corrupted but a9hl still works, is there anything you can do to fix this ? I tried the 9.2.0 CTRtransfer and it wasn't working either for me :/

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm facing the same issue here where my initial backup was corrupted but a9hl still works, is there anything you can do to fix this ? I tried the 9.2.0 CTRtransfer and it wasn't working either for me :/
Need more information than just "not working". Did you follow the steps exactly? At exactly which step is there behaviour that you weren't expecting, what was the incorrect behaviour and what did you expect?

D

Deleted User

Need more information than just "not working". Did you follow the steps exactly? At exactly which step is there behaviour that you weren't expecting, what was the incorrect behaviour and what did you expect?
I downgraded to 2.1, installed arm9loaderhax, my backup was corrupted, tried flashing it and I've been trying to fix it since then, tried 9.2.0 CTRTransfer with no sucess, I had some prefetch errror before with luma but these went away.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I downgraded to 2.1, installed arm9loaderhax, my backup was corrupted, tried flashing it and I've been trying to fix it since then, tried 9.2.0 CTRTransfer with no sucess, I had some prefetch errror before with luma but these went away.
Tell us the exact step you got up to in https://3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer, what happened, and what you expected to happen. Not just "tried with no success".

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I followed the steps multiple time, I'm not stupid either, I do the CTRTransfer, get the tickets back, reboot the console and I get a black screen, that's all that's happening for me, it's not my first 3DS hack either.
Black screen with blue light on? What happens if you reboot with the SD card out? If blue light on when you reboot with SD card in and it blinks on then off with the SD card out, it could be a dodgy SD card. I don't know what's happening but I've seen it a few times where a console won't boot to Luma and will boot to payloads. If you have some spare, freshly formatted SD cards that you can put Luma's arm9loaderhax.bin on and nothing else, it is something to try.
Edit: also, there's no need to be rude. There was no way to tell from your responses that you got all the way through the steps and got a black screen afterward. As far as anyone would be able to tell, you got halfway through and got some error that you wouldn't tell us about.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
D

Deleted User

Black screen with blue light on? What happens if you reboot with the SD card out? If blue light on when you reboot with SD card in and it blinks on then off with the SD card out, it could be a dodgy SD card. I don't know what's happening but I've seen it a few times where a console won't boot to Luma and will boot to payloads. If you have some spare, freshly FAT32-formatted SD cards that you can put Luma's arm9loaderhax.bin on and nothing else, it is something to try.
I've tried with my o3DS SD card with nothing booting either, I've tried doing the 9.2.0 CTRtransfer again and now I'm getting a "Prefetch abort (svcBreak)" error on boot, but yeah the console just sit there with a black screen with the blue light on

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok this is my last idea, after that I'll give up and let more experienced people try and help. Everyone else getting this error is getting it on Luma 6.x, and one person had a corrupted arm9loaderhax.bin (restoring from arm9loaderhax.bin.bak fixed the issue). Maybe just make extra extra sure that you are using Luma 7.x and not any 6.x versions. That's unlikely to be the problem but just in the off chance I thought I'd mention it. Good luck with fixing if that isn't the issue :-(

D

Deleted User

Ok this is my last idea, after that I'll give up and let more experienced people try and help. Everyone else getting this error is getting it on Luma 6.x, and one person had a corrupted arm9loaderhax.bin (restoring from arm9loaderhax.bin.bak fixed the issue). Maybe just make extra extra sure that you are using Luma 7.x and not any 6.x versions. That's unlikely to be the problem but just in the off chance I thought I'd mention it. Good luck with fixing if that isn't the issue :-(
Yeah I'm running Luma 7.0.5 already, I hope I can fix this issue asap, not my 3DS and I've been wasting so much time trying to fix it :/

Reactions: Quantumcat

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually if the blue light stays on with a black screen after you have installed a9lh the arm9loaderhax.bin is corrupt. Try replacing it with something other than luma.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: you mean the trebushit? +1