Hacking EZ Omega not booting

manzel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anguilla
I got an EZ Flash Omega which is/was perfectly working fine. I reformated my SD card and since then it won't boot in my Gameboy Micro anymore. I get the Gameboy font but the Nintendo subline is missing and it is not booting into the menu anymore. I already cleaned all the pins using alcohol but no success.

The card is working in my other GB SP. I also got an EZ Flash IV which is working perfectly fine in the Micro and SP, so the micro can't be broken. There seems to be an issue with my micro and the Omega. Any idea?

manzel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anguilla
Downgraded to v3 still not working. Very strange. I have the feeling the card is broken...

Someone on reddit got the same problem:

I recently added a Micro to my collection so I could have an even more portable way to play games on the go. Mostly wanted to use my new EZ-Flash Omega on it, but the problem is that the Micro won't read it. It reads other carts, and even my EZ-Flash IV, but not the Omega. The cart does work and run great when I load it up in my SP or backlit Advance. Not sure what could be causing this

Last edited by manzel,

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
it is a contact problem

here is our suggestion

1. disassemble the card
2. reposition the PCB board
3. assemble the card
4. screw it in tightly
5. do not plug into the GBM too tightly. try to move it out a little. maybe needs variety times to try.

manzel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anguilla
I tried all the things you mentioned but without success. Any other ideas? Is there any way to just get a new housing?

Last edited by manzel,

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
if your omega can work on your GBA SP, it is not broken.

can you cut 1 or 2 pieces print paper which can be fit in the main chip size, put them in the trough on the back case which main chip fitting, then assemble the case tightly and give it a try.

manzel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anguilla
Still not working. My micro reads all the other carts except the omega. I know that it is not broken but it is a fact that it is not working in my micro. Could it be the plastic housing?

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Still not working. My micro reads all the other carts except the omega. I know that it is not broken but it is a fact that it is not working in my micro. Could it be the plastic housing?

In your description, the card was working fine on you GBM, right? It is not working on GBM after you format your SD card. I'm confusing now. it seems not related with the plastic case.

manzel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anguilla
It was working that is correct but after taking it out and putting it in it is not working anymore. When I was taking it out I reformated the SD card but this should not be the issue since the Omega should pass the Gameboy splash screen also without SD card, correct? It was more of a side information from myself.

I have the feeling that the plastic case is not doing the job anymore holding the card in place. Anyway what do you suggest since the card is obviously not working anymore in my micro. Can I get a new card under waranty or try it with a new case. I am happy to send it to someone.

Invader TAK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oooh, this is what happened with mine before it died. First it wouldn't work reliably in the Micro but it would in the SP, then eventually it quit working altogether.

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
It was working that is correct but after taking it out and putting it in it is not working anymore. When I was taking it out I reformated the SD card but this should not be the issue since the Omega should pass the Gameboy splash screen also without SD card, correct? It was more of a side information from myself.

I have the feeling that the plastic case is not doing the job anymore holding the card in place. Anyway what do you suggest since the card is obviously not working anymore in my micro. Can I get a new card under waranty or try it with a new case. I am happy to send it to someone.

if you bought the card from a local dealer, you can contact them for a replacement.

manzel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anguilla
Unfortunately it was online from China. Is there any chance to get a replacement somehow or am I stuck with a half broken card. This would be very disappointing given the fact the card is only 4 weeks old :(

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
In my opinion. you can try to put 1 or 2 more papers(total 3 -4) in the case and try again. or wait us release the new firmware. I can not provide more help right now due to the long distance and language barrier.

finally, an extreme test way is power up your GBM without card pluged, then plug in the card. see what happened.
you may meet 3 conditions
1. nothing happens, the screen still display gameboy without Nintendo
2. console reboot without Nintendo
3. console reboot with Nintendo

please report the result

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oooh, this is what happened with mine before it died. First it wouldn't work reliably in the Micro but it would in the SP, then eventually it quit working altogether.

did you upgrade the firmware v4?

Invader TAK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion. you can try to put 1 or 2 more papers(total 3 -4) in the case and try again. or wait us release the new firmware. I can not provide more help right now due to the long distance and language barrier.

finally, an extreme test way is power up your GBM without card pluged, then plug in the card. see what happened.

please report the result

No, it wouldn't even BOOT on ANY system I had (GBA SP, Micro, DS Lite, DS Phat). So I wouldn't have been able to update the firmware anyway. I just tossed it and I'll wait before getting another one.

manzel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anguilla

please report the result

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Any other ideas or suggestions or am I just stuck with a new card not working in my micro?

You said your result is 2. it means contact between GBM and Omega seems good(maybe not completely). And this card did work on your GBM, It is not a compatible problem like the EUR version AGS-101 due to I have an EUR GBM(OXY-EUR).

use cotton stick and WD40 clean the metal pin of GBM and OMEGA which is a way to help removing the oxidize on the metal. note: when using the WD40, please avoid the plastic part. Use a clean cotton stick to clean the residue after use.

I have no further advice for now.

You can contact the dealer which you bought the card for a replacement if you think the card is defected.

Or you can wait we release the new firmware and give it a try.

Last edited by EZ-Flash2,

faboss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, same here, paper trick worked for me too.

The problem was only on one of my GBM. The other one recognize Omega card without paper...
Thx !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...