ez-flash IV cant find disc

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by irchief, Feb 23, 2010.

Feb 23, 2010

ez-flash IV cant find disc by irchief at 2:43 PM (1,984 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. irchief
    OP

Newcomer irchief Newbie

United States
    Lol i have no idea why this is bothering me so much but it is

i purchased an ez-flash IV and no matter what i do i get a cant find disc error. I have tried updating the firmware but all i get is a black screen. I know the battery is charges because i left it on with my gba plugged for 2 hours, then unplugged for 2 hours.

i hope someone here can help me cause im seriously out of ideas, and im usually pretty tech savvy [​IMG]

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    The battery is not rechargable.

Did you even buy a miniSD and put in the EZ-IV?

3. irchief
    OP

Newcomer irchief Newbie

United States

i did not purchase a miniSD, but it did come with a micro sd>mini sd converter, so thats what i have been using.

also, as far as all the other sites tell me, the battery Is chargable, and thats how you get it to work in the first place.

4. clownb

Member clownb GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This is true for the EZ 3-in-1, but the EZ4 battery is definitely rechargable. It even states so in the documentation itself. I would think it would run without a charged or functional battery anyway, it just wouldn't be able to retain saves.

5. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    The more recent ones on the market, the ones that come in the cheap cardboard box and plastic have a NON-rechargable CR-2025 battery. It doesn't matter what the text file says or what everyone else says, those reviews where done when the damn thing came in a wooden box and everything.

The rechargable VL-2025 have to be recharged every 3 to 4 months. One of my EZ-IV have been sitting around for over a year and it still has the save file from then. A rechargable battery would have lost it's charge by then.

@irchief
    Did you flash the bin file to the flashcart?
    If you didn't, read the EZ-IV review again and read the section about setting it up again.

6. irchief
    OP

Newcomer irchief Newbie

United States

will do, and i will post my results in a bit

thank you

edit: ok i re read it and all it says is to drag the .bin file onto my card. are you reffering to holding R to install the firmware? because thats my problem in the first place.

7. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    then it would be a bad miniSD adapter.

I would try finding a place near where you live that sells a cheap 1gb microSD with miniSD adapter for under 10 bucks. Or just look for one online on newegg or something.

8. Schizoanalysis

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia

+1

This has happened to me many times. Those DX adapters are crazy faulty. I get 2 working ones for every 10 I buy.