ROM Hack Extracting Sound Effects

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. I seem to be having a little trouble extracting some sound effects from Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. I would like to get my hands on the menu sound effects, as these will be very helpful in a theme I'm trying to put together. Currently, I have a decrypted and extracted romfs.bin, but I can only find small voiceover clips and background music from the game. I know there is a utility on the forum that will extract the .CWAVs from a RAM dump, but I haven't had a lot of luck using it. I think the ones I'm looking for are in one of these handfuls of .rbin files or the one .bcsar file I found (which is a sound archive), but I'm not getting anywhere with those.

So if anyone could offer some assistance on this, it would be much appreciated.

Reactions: Margen67

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. I seem to be having a little trouble extracting some sound effects from Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. I would like to get my hands on the menu sound effects, as these will be very helpful in a theme I'm trying to put together. Currently, I have a decrypted and extracted romfs.bin, but I can only find small voiceover clips and background music from the game. I know there is a utility on the forum that will extract the .CWAVs from a RAM dump, but I haven't had a lot of luck using it. I think the ones I'm looking for are in one of these handfuls of .rbin files or the one .bcsar file I found (which is a sound archive), but I'm not getting anywhere with those.

So if anyone could offer some assistance on this, it would be much appreciated.
Couldn't you just extract them via a audio cable?

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I managed to get what I needed using Team Fail's CWAV ripper tool. It can properly extract the BCWAV files from the .bcsar I found on the ROM, but it turns out that 3DS Explorer cannot correctly convert these to playable .wav files, which is why I thought it was not working properly. So I just set up foobar2000 with the latest version of vgmstream and I can now play them without issue.

Reactions: Margen67

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol