Extracting save data from .cia?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Sagerninja, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Sagerninja
    OP

Sagerninja Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2013
    Canada
    Hello, Currently using an o3ds with 9.2 sysNand thanks to downgrading. I've been playing MHX for a little bit now and I was wondering if there's something special needed to be done to grab the save using savedata filer? It says that all of the saves are broken. Thanks in advance.

2. MartyDreamy

MartyDreamy Smooches

Jul 1, 2015
    Italy
    ZagToon Studios
    Have you looked at if the SD is the save?
    Should be called so 0004000000155400.sav :)

3. Jordanske

Jordanske Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Netherlands
    Hello,

I want to backup my MHX save game, just in case I lose it or whatever. I have no idea how I can do this and am very confused now after reader I don't remember how many threads. Save Data Filer says that the save is broken, no idea why, and I cannot find any .sav file with '00001554' in it's name or in any folder named '00001554'.

I have a N3DS width sysNAND downgraded to 9.2. Installed emuNAND with pasta CFW using the following guide ( if it helps explaining my situation :P ) https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/

Will exporting the emuNAND and backing up de SD card secure the safe file? Or how should I go about securing my save?

I would really appreciate any help, thank you.

4. jscjml

jscjml Monster Hunter

Jan 4, 2015
    United States
    Las Vegas
    For MHX, check in "ExtData" for 00001554.

Monster Hunter X saves its games all on the Extra Data, no matter if you have a cartridge, .3ds or a .cia. It will always be in ExtData. Check there and export it.
    This is a special case though, Capcom wanted to do something with powersavers but its just as easy to cheat now with homebrew.

Normally speaking though, .cia files save under "user" in SaveDataFiler.
    .3ds files will save on .sav format on your 3DS' SD Card (NOT the Gateway Red SD Card).
    Cartridge files will still save on the cart itself.

Yes i think this would preserve your savefile, but you can just use SDF/svdt and export it (check ExtData tab for MHX file), then back it up independently. I imagine backing the EmuNAND itself up would take a little longer than just the file :)

Last edited by jscjml, Jan 9, 2016
    mr_man_029 and Jordanske like this.
  5. Jordanske

Jordanske Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2016
    Netherlands
    Thank you very much, here, have a like :3.