Everybody Votes randomly started working on Dolphin

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
So today I stumbled upon a miracle - the EVC started fetching polls from RiiConnect24 and I could vote on them successfully.

It has ALWAYS been erroring for me. No exceptions, always the 239001 error upon boot and 0 loaded questions. No matter how many times I patched the files and imported valid EVC savefiles.

Someone then decided to be courteous to me and give me their NAND backup file from a real Wii (thank you very much) and installed it to Dolphin. Cool, it installed new channels and overwrote almost everything, but after repatching, still 239001. I just gave up.

But today, I hopped on on Dolphin and the EVC started showing unfamiliar questions on the home menu icon, and I thought "What? Is it working now?" Well, this time there still was an error, but different - it told me to check connection settings.

Turns out I had the DNS still set to Wiimmfi's, and so set it to the default. Then I booted up EVC again, and while 239001 still keeps showing up, the new questions ACTUALLY LOADED THIS TIME and I could vote on them just fine. What a miracle. I literally couldn't believe, that after 2 years of getting EVC to load, it finally magically loaded.

Now I'm scared to click "Confirm Polling Region" because I fear that setting the region outside of Argentina (region of the valid savefile) will fuck it up permanently and I'll never be able to vote on the polls again.

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- GBATemp (for hosting links to downloads for the crucial files without which it wouldn't be possible)
- The guy which posted the EVC savefile publicly here
- The person which sent me the legit NAND (extra special thanks to you)

jordanjtt97

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So today I stumbled upon a miracle - the EVC started fetching polls from RiiConnect24 and I could vote on them successfully.

It has ALWAYS been erroring for me. No exceptions, always the 239001 error upon boot and 0 loaded questions. No matter how many times I patched the files and imported valid EVC savefiles.

Someone then decided to be courteous to me and give me their NAND backup file from a real Wii (thank you very much) and installed it to Dolphin. Cool, it installed new channels and overwrote almost everything, but after repatching, still 239001. I just gave up.

But today, I hopped on on Dolphin and the EVC started showing unfamiliar questions on the home menu icon, and I thought "What? Is it working now?" Well, this time there still was an error, but different - it told me to check connection settings.

Turns out I had the DNS still set to Wiimmfi's, and so set it to the default. Then I booted up EVC again, and while 239001 still keeps showing up, the new questions ACTUALLY LOADED THIS TIME and I could vote on them just fine. What a miracle. I literally couldn't believe, that after 2 years of getting EVC to load, it finally magically loaded.

Now I'm scared to click "Confirm Polling Region" because I fear that setting the region outside of Argentina (region of the valid savefile) will fuck it up permanently and I'll never be able to vote on the polls again.

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- GBATemp (for hosting links to downloads for the crucial files without which it wouldn't be possible)
- The guy which posted the EVC savefile publicly here
- The person which sent me the legit NAND (extra special thanks to you)
Can you send the two files for the NAND and EVC? I've been trying to find it for ages until i stumbled upon this post. I'd b super grateful if you shared. Thank you much

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1