Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
...I understood literally nothing from this one, but it was a fun watch.
What the fuck was up with Lilith and Mk.06, IIRC they don't even mention them in 2.22 I AM SO CONFUSED AAAAA
I think I need to reaaally refresh my Eva knowledge before rewatching this, might make it a bit more clear :|

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
...I understood literally nothing from this one, but it was a fun watch.
What the fuck was up with Lilith and Mk.06, IIRC they don't even mention them in 2.22 I AM SO CONFUSED AAAAA
I think I need to reaaally refresh my Eva knowledge before rewatching this, might make it a bit more clear :|
but
lilth certainly is in 2.22, 1.11 as well :unsure: and unit 06 is on the moon with kaworu and spears unit 01 at the end of 2.22 :huh:
not sure why i put that in spoilers tbh but hey

Reactions: Gundam Eclipse

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
but
lilth certainly is in 2.22, 1.11 as well :unsure: and unit 06 is on the moon with kaworu and spears unit 01 at the end of 2.22 :huh:
not sure why i put that in spoilers tbh but hey
I p. much had like temporary amnesia or something and completely forgot those parts derp, I remember now though.
Still understand next to nothing though haha ;_;

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I p. much had like temporary amnesia or something and completely forgot those parts derp, I remember now though.
Still understand next to nothing though haha ;_;
i'm sure wauly and i can explain most of it :toot:
although tbh the evangelion wikia is the bestestestest thing on the internet

Reactions: Gundam Eclipse

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
^Open at your own risk
You are not to blame really as the timeskip from 2.22 to 3.33 was not explained. All we got was the snippet of a teaser at the end of 2.22 which was supposed to have been in 3.33

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
...YES.
That is TOTALLY the true intention of the retelling!
It's the Rebuild of Bromance!

PREDICTION FOR FINAL:
MAY INVOLVE A LOVE TRIANGLE BETWEEN GENDO AND KAJI OMMMMMMMGGGGGG
I COULDN'T RESIST I AM SO SORRY ;O;

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to know what happened to Kaji after he recruited Misato and crew into Wille. ;O;
I just noticed that the "blue ocean restoration project" ship in 2.22 was the undercover organization that Kaji was working for. [And I guess Mari too, since she was in contact with him in 2.22, and she knows way too much about the secrets of EVA]

Anyway, I think they're sequels, but only sort of. I think they pulled some Madoka Magica shit and the world was remade until Shinji gets what he wants. In the original series he decided what happened to the world. I think the world literally repeated itself with slightly changed events, and will continue to do so until baka Shinji gets his way [also with 4.0 rumored to be named after the "repeat symbol" of music...]

And things that Kaworu says are just weird.

This time I'll be sure to make you happy
I'm sorry this isn't the happiness you were searching for
We will surely meet again [after his death in 3]

When they are doing the piano duet thing, Kaworu says "keep on trying until you get it right" or something like that. Knowing evangelion it has some hidden meaning behind it since nothing can ever just have face value.

do we really need spoiler tags this thread is about 3.0 so obviously it's spoilers

Fuyutsuki's game of shogi with Shinji was cool. "You will lose something dear in 31 turns" [I think it was fourteen in the theatre version]

Exactly 31 minutes later Kaworu dies.

vfuhvdugj

Reactions: NahuelDS

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I want to know what happened to Kaji after he recruited Misato and crew into Wille. ;O;
I just noticed that the "blue ocean restoration project" ship in 2.22 was the undercover organization that Kaji was working for. [And I guess Mari too, since she was in contact with him in 2.22, and she knows way too much about the secrets of EVA]

Anyway, I think they're sequels, but only sort of. I think they pulled some Madoka Magica shit and the world was remade until Shinji gets what he wants. In the original series he decided what happened to the world. I think the world literally repeated itself with slightly changed events, and will continue to do so until baka Shinji gets his way [also with 4.0 rumored to be named after the "repeat symbol" of music...]

And things that Kaworu says are just weird.

This time I'll be sure to make you happy
I'm sorry this isn't the happiness you were searching for
We will surely meet again [after his death in 3]

When they are doing the piano duet thing, Kaworu says "keep on trying until you get it right" or something like that. Knowing evangelion it has some hidden meaning behind it since nothing can ever just have face value.

do we really need spoiler tags this thread is about 3.0 so obviously it's spoilers

Fuyutsuki's game of shogi with Shinji was cool. "You will lose something dear in 31 turns" [I think it was fourteen in the theatre version]

Exactly 31 minutes later Kaworu dies.

vfuhvdugj

yeah, i think the important parts of new tokyo were crammed into one big, super awesome flying ship thing. which is nice.

my sequels what dyou mean? you mean rebuild being a sequel of nge?
the name kinda gives it away :toot:
as well as the splash of blood on the moon, and various things that people say (such as what kaworu says, like you pointed out)
and 4.0 is called Finale, but yes there's the repeat symbol on the end panel blah(see the screencap i posted from facebook)

and yah we need spoilers because it's still a new film, and if the spoilers pertain to events IN Q then it's reasonable to mark them as spoilers.

but that's interesting, when i watch it again (for the uh 4th(?)) time ill look out for that :toot:

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, i think the important parts of new tokyo were crammed into one big, super awesome flying ship thing. which is nice.

my sequels what dyou mean? you mean rebuild being a sequel of nge?
the name kinda gives it away :toot:
as well as the splash of blood on the moon, and various things that people say (such as what kaworu says, like you pointed out)
and 4.0 is called Finale, but yes there's the repeat symbol on the end panel blah(see the screencap i posted from facebook)

and yah we need spoilers because it's still a new film, and if the spoilers pertain to events IN Q then it's reasonable to mark them as spoilers.

but that's interesting, when i watch it again (for the uh 4th(?)) time ill look out for that :toot:
I know what you mean, they pretty much HAVE to be sequels based on the things we know. But I don't think it's like a regular sequel (like 4000 years later or something). I mean, if Shinji restarted the world with the third impact in NGE, he might have had the red moon/ocean in his head, seeing that happen once could very well affect the new version of the world if this holds up.

It's kind of like it could be considered a sequel and a completely separate story at the same time. Since it's a repeat/renewed world and not in a single timeline, though that is only possible because of what Shinji did in the original series . I'm confusing myself. :P

Can't wait for 4.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know what you mean, they pretty much HAVE to be sequels based on the things we know. But I don't think it's like a regular sequel (like 4000 years later or something). I mean, if Shinji restarted the world with the third impact in NGE, he might have had the red moon/ocean in his head, seeing that happen once could very well affect the new version of the world if this holds up.

It's kind of like it could be considered a sequel and a completely separate story at the same time. Since it's a repeat/renewed world and not in a single timeline, though that is only possible because of what Shinji did in the original series . I'm confusing myself. :P

Can't wait for 4.
to be honest,
@raulpica
explains it better than me, alternatively read up on the specula of the series on the evangelion wikia page :toot:

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to be honest,
@raulpica
explains it better than me, alternatively read up on the specula of the series on the evangelion wikia page :toot:
I'm all over the place on those wiki's. :)
Tons of theories everywhere. Hopefully we can get an official answer someday.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm all over the place on those wiki's. :)
Tons of theories everywhere. Hopefully we can get an official answer someday.
i personally think that anno enjoys the specula that goes on in the fanbase. and he certainly seems to have taken into account the huge amount of kawonji shipping :mellow:

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i personally think that anno enjoys the specula that goes on in the fanbase. and he certainly seems to have taken into account the huge amount of kawonji shipping :mellow:
Kawoshin, my friend... Kawoshin shipping.
...not a fan of it myself, it's just that it's EVERYWHERE when looking for fanart, like you said. :P

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Kawoshin, my friend... Kawoshin shipping.
...not a fan of it myself, it's just that it's EVERYWHERE when looking for fanart, like you said. :P
kawonji, pls :toot:

also he better explain the fucking Curse, because at the moment that shit's just an excuse for everlasting asuka butt

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kawonji, pls :toot:

also he better explain the fucking Curse, because at the moment that shit's just an excuse for everlasting asuka butt
I think it's prolonged exposure to LCL, what do you think?
also "dude, she's over 18 now it's cool" everywhere

What do you think about Mari?

She says the first time she's controlled an EVA was in 2.22 when she was in unit-05. But she knows everything about them, beast mode, knowledge about the four adams, a look-a-like that knew Yui Ikari (someone with her glasses was in the photo). I think she has been affected by the "curse" since the very early days of EVA. She also never leaves her LCL once in 3.33, haha. We still know nothing about her except that she knew Kaji, and she is somehow close to Asuka (Asuka's hat even has a Mari pin on it :3 )

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think it's prolonged exposure to LCL, what do you think?
also "dude, she's over 18 now it's cool" everywhere
shlongy-poo can testify that, I was the first one to say that the "Curse of EVA" was probably created by Anno only to keep selling loli-stuff (models and shit) in Japan without fearing repercussions :P

Anyway, what do I need to explain? :unsure:

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
shlongy-poo can testify that, I was the first one to say that the "Curse of EVA" was probably created by Anno only to keep selling loli-stuff (models and shit) in Japan without fearing repercussions :P

Anyway, what do I need to explain? :unsure:
the differences between rebuild and nge, like the moon and the number of crosses etc :toot:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans