Gaming Estimated price of launch Xbox 360 w/o HDD

Santee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend gave me his launch xbox 360 because it would overheat with 2 RROD I can fix it but I already have an xbox, so my question is how much could I get if I sold this it has no HDD and includes all the cables and would anybody be interested in buying one? The front disc button doesn't work you have open and close the disc tray for the dashboard. It has a Xenon Motherboard if that helps.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Frankly the cables (includes a controller?) are probably the most desirable part of it. 2 ring (overheating) is often fixable (often more easily than the traditional 3 RROD) so I would fix that (busted fan to 12V mod I guess) and maybe throw in a DVD flash while you are at it.

If it is JTAG hackable (has not been updated since August 2009) then it is worth more, if it is just a stock 360 then between banned 360s (as well as the anticipated upcoming bans), the known RRoD thing (especially that old), the relatively low price of arcades, the dodgy DVD drive and the lack of a hard drive (even 20 gig drives cost a fortune for what they are- consider a cheap dealextreme job or making your own) will drive the price right down.

I will bow out at this point though as I move in these circles and have no idea what the man on the street/chosen online tat bazaar pays but I would be quite shocked if you got more than $60 for it. If it is only time you are investing I would have a go I guess but if you have to lay down so you might actually lose something (buying your friend a beer after all is said and done is a different matter) then I would avoid it.

Santee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can include a controller if it ups the value enough, it has been updated past August 2009 update and would that 60 dollar estimate be with or without shipping?
P.S. Thank you.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IchigoSJ said:
I can include a controller if it ups the value enough, it has been updated past August 2009 update and would that 60 dollar estimate be with or without shipping?

It would be without shipping. I might be interested in Buying/Trading it, let me know if you manage to get it working.

Santee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoxasIsSora said:
IchigoSJ said:

It would be without shipping. I might be interested in Buying/Trading it, let me know if you manage to get it working.
It works as long as you put it next to an AC or W/O if you don't mind it shutting of every 40 mins to cool but I will not be opening it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again