Hacking Error while trying to reinstall CFW

Horran01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I recently got a problem my sd card i used for my 3DS was corrupted and i had to format it. With all the files gone from it I could no longer access my installed cias. I could no longer remember what files i needed, so I decided to upgrade my Firmware to the latest Version (11.10.0) and reinstall the CFW using the Seedminer method from the 3DS Hacks Guide. I used one of my DSi Ware games to install boot9strap and it worked all fine that ist until i tried to start Luma. Holding select during the boot doesn't work and the 3DS starts like usual, i tried what the Guide suggested and enter System Settings, but when i open Settings the 3DS tells me an Error occured and the Software was shutdown and then the 3DS reboots.

Can Anyone help me with this?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I recently got a problem my sd card i used for my 3DS was corrupted and i had to format it. With all the files gone from it I could no longer access my installed cias. I could no longer remember what files i needed, so I decided to upgrade my Firmware to the latest Version (11.10.0) and reinstall the CFW using the Seedminer method from the 3DS Hacks Guide. I used one of my DSi Ware games to install boot9strap and it worked all fine that ist until i tried to start Luma. Holding select during the boot doesn't work and the 3DS starts like usual, i tried what the Guide suggested and enter System Settings, but when i open Settings the 3DS tells me an Error occured and the Software was shutdown and then the 3DS reboots.

Can Anyone help me with this?
Some questions:
  • Maybe a dumb question but it has happened: Are the (Start) and (Select) buttons working?
  • Does the file SD:/luma/config.bin exist? Deleting (or renaming) that file makes the luma settings come up automatically – if B9S is installed and the SD can be successfully read.
  • Did you run any Un-install Hax script or why did you have to reinstall CFW?
  • Did you check your SD for defects and/or fake?
    • Copy all your data from the SD to a computer. Reformat the SD to FAT32, 32kb cluster size, if bigger than 32GB and using Windows with guiformat
    • Check your SD Windows, Linux, OS X.
      • If you get any errors replace the SD.
      • If you get no errors copy your files back on the SD and try again.

Horran01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry for the late reply, I was away for a few days.

The start and select buttons seem to be working in games, so I don't think that's a problem.

I don't have a config.bin, i don't even have a luma folder.

I did not run any Un-install Hax script, since i couldn't get the cias to work i tried by reinstalling CFW but i first updated to the then latest OFW (wich is 11.10.0).

There doesn't seem to be a problem with the SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill