1. peteruk

OP peteruk GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    I've done much researching, googling and searching in many places including here but I'm still unable to resolve my issue

I got a bunch of help from @TurdPooCharger (great person) already but am still stuck

Here's the problem...

I purchased a brand new New 3DS LL direct from Japan (I'm in the UK) which was on 8.1J

I did not connect it to the internet and used ntr cardhax to install B9S and then followed 'the guide' to complete the setup of Luma etc...

Also using the Plailect's guide to do the CTRTransfer to change my region from Japan to Europe using the 11.5.0 CTRTransfer image

Everything seemed to go well, however when I tried to access the eShop or update a game I got the dreaded 007-2001 Error Code

Worst of all I get the error code 009-1003 when trying to update games, this is a real pita tbh (this one is a deal breaker as game updates are quite difficult to acquire these days)

I am stuck now at this point and after reading and reading I cannot figure out how to get past this

I have 2 other New 3DS XL's both are B9S/Luma, 1 is Pal Europe and the other is NTSC USA

I'm definitely not a noob and have been around the scene many years but am reaching out for constructive help if anybody can please help me ?

I've read one post on here about somebody transferring between 2 consoles to bypass this error code but they were both from the same origin region..... This one has a Japan origin, my other 2 are USA and Europe

Please help ? Thank you in advance

2. Clector

Clector GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bangladesh
    If it isn't working you can try this more complex method if you'll like to: https://gist.github.com/yifanlu/e80db121d38aceb8cca0e03cefd5853b
    Alternatively it seems that making a System Transfer will allow the original system to access the eShop: https://ol.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5mecnx/eshop_access_work_around_for_region_changed_n3ds/
    There's a method to bypass it in most Original 3DS systems, but it doesn't work on New models: https://gbatemp.net/threads/cannot-...ion-change-from-eu-to-us.515824/#post-8281126

peteruk likes this.
  3. peteruk

United Kingdom

Thank you for the links, I will have a read of them... appreciate it.

alexander1970 likes this.
  4. peteruk

United Kingdom
    Well I think I may have to accept defeat in this instance

One final thing I'm gonna try before giving up is a system transfer from my EUR new 3ds xl to this region changed console, see if that will let me then connect to eShop - if this does not work I'll just have to live with it.

At least I can download game updates on my real EUR console and dump them with GM9

Got a lot of help on discord homebrew channel and somebody suggested the region aspect of this is all server side (which I don't doubt) but still doesn't explain why a select group of people can access eShop after the region change - baffling.

5. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
    You also realize that a bunch of this also deals greatly between old 3ds consoles and new 3ds consoles. There is likely more security to the newer ones.

peteruk likes this.
  6. peteruk

United Kingdom

I didn't even give that a thought tbh mate

It would have been nice but it's not the end of the world :)

7. peteruk

United Kingdom
    Attempted a system transfer from a European to the region changed (Japanese) European and as soon as I entered the system transfer option on the region changed model it error'd out and told me my region had been changed.

So I have a trade off.... I can either flash it back to the original nand and have the console in Japanese with working eShop and game downloads OR keep it region changed to European and just keep it offline but have it in full english language - I am gonna go for the second option and have english language and just keep it offline.... Should I need a game update I can simply download it on my real European console, dump it and install it... So job done

Thank you to all those that offered help and suggestions :)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - looking, region, change