Hardware Error code: 007-2001 after region change using 'the guide' - looking for help

peteruk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've done much researching, googling and searching in many places including here but I'm still unable to resolve my issue

I got a bunch of help from @TurdPooCharger (great person) already but am still stuck

Here's the problem...

I purchased a brand new New 3DS LL direct from Japan (I'm in the UK) which was on 8.1J

I did not connect it to the internet and used ntr cardhax to install B9S and then followed 'the guide' to complete the setup of Luma etc...

Also using the Plailect's guide to do the CTRTransfer to change my region from Japan to Europe using the 11.5.0 CTRTransfer image

Everything seemed to go well, however when I tried to access the eShop or update a game I got the dreaded 007-2001 Error Code

Worst of all I get the error code 009-1003 when trying to update games, this is a real pita tbh (this one is a deal breaker as game updates are quite difficult to acquire these days)

I am stuck now at this point and after reading and reading I cannot figure out how to get past this

I have 2 other New 3DS XL's both are B9S/Luma, 1 is Pal Europe and the other is NTSC USA

I'm definitely not a noob and have been around the scene many years but am reaching out for constructive help if anybody can please help me ?

I've read one post on here about somebody transferring between 2 consoles to bypass this error code but they were both from the same origin region..... This one has a Japan origin, my other 2 are USA and Europe

Please help ? Thank you in advance

Reactions: kop365

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
If it isn't working you can try this more complex method if you'll like to: https://gist.github.com/yifanlu/e80db121d38aceb8cca0e03cefd5853b
Alternatively it seems that making a System Transfer will allow the original system to access the eShop: https://ol.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5mecnx/eshop_access_work_around_for_region_changed_n3ds/
There's a method to bypass it in most Original 3DS systems, but it doesn't work on New models: https://gbatemp.net/threads/cannot-...ion-change-from-eu-to-us.515824/#post-8281126

Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it isn't working you can try this more complex method if you'll like to: https://gist.github.com/yifanlu/e80db121d38aceb8cca0e03cefd5853b
Alternatively it seems that making a System Transfer will allow the original system to access the eShop: https://ol.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5mecnx/eshop_access_work_around_for_region_changed_n3ds/
There's a method to bypass it in most Original 3DS systems, but it doesn't work on New models: https://gbatemp.net/threads/cannot-...ion-change-from-eu-to-us.515824/#post-8281126

Thank you for the links, I will have a read of them... appreciate it.

peteruk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well I think I may have to accept defeat in this instance

One final thing I'm gonna try before giving up is a system transfer from my EUR new 3ds xl to this region changed console, see if that will let me then connect to eShop - if this does not work I'll just have to live with it.

At least I can download game updates on my real EUR console and dump them with GM9

Got a lot of help on discord homebrew channel and somebody suggested the region aspect of this is all server side (which I don't doubt) but still doesn't explain why a select group of people can access eShop after the region change - baffling.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I think I may have to accept defeat in this instance

One final thing I'm gonna try before giving up is a system transfer from my EUR new 3ds xl to this region changed console, see if that will let me then connect to eShop - if this does not work I'll just have to live with it.

At least I can download game updates on my real EUR console and dump them with GM9

Got a lot of help on discord homebrew channel and somebody suggested the region aspect of this is all server side (which I don't doubt) but still doesn't explain why a select group of people can access eShop after the region change - baffling.
You also realize that a bunch of this also deals greatly between old 3ds consoles and new 3ds consoles. There is likely more security to the newer ones.

Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You also realize that a bunch of this also deals greatly between old 3ds consoles and new 3ds consoles. There is likely more security to the newer ones.

I didn't even give that a thought tbh mate

It would have been nice but it's not the end of the world :)

peteruk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Attempted a system transfer from a European to the region changed (Japanese) European and as soon as I entered the system transfer option on the region changed model it error'd out and told me my region had been changed.

So I have a trade off.... I can either flash it back to the original nand and have the console in Japanese with working eShop and game downloads OR keep it region changed to European and just keep it offline but have it in full english language - I am gonna go for the second option and have english language and just keep it offline.... Should I need a game update I can simply download it on my real European console, dump it and install it... So job done

Thank you to all those that offered help and suggestions :)

Temujin64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had almost the exact same issue. I had a 3DS LL old from Japan that I changed to the EU region. I wanted to download and use Pokémon Bank but couldn't access the eShop. I managed to install it from a CIA, but it wouldn't connect online. I also tried logging into both my Japanese and European NNIDs and neither worked.

For anyone with the same issue, I have a workaround. You need to create an emuNAND backup of your 3DS using Godmode9. Then, change the region on the emuNAND back to Japan. Boot the emuNAND by holding L and power on and log into a Japanese NNID. If you're logged into a non Japanese NNID you'll have to create a new one based in Japan. Once you do that you can access the eShop again.

To switch back to English, just power the 3DS on without holding L.

Last edited by Temujin64,

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I had almost the exact same issue. I had a 3DS LL old from Japan that I changed to the EU region. I wanted to download and use Pokémon Bank but couldn't access the eShop. I managed to install it from a CIA, but it wouldn't connect online. I also tried logging into both my Japanese and European NNIDs and neither worked.

For anyone with the same issue, I have a workaround. You need to create an emuNAND backup of your 3DS using Godmode9. Then, change the region on the emuNAND back to Japan. Boot the emuNAND by holding L and power on and log into a Japanese NNID. If you're logged into a non Japanese NNID you'll have to create a new one based in Japan. Once you do that you can access the eShop again.

To switch back to English, just power the 3DS on while holding L.

I don't currently have an emunand, I do everything in my sysnand with Luma.
Does sysnand also have the ability to switch regions by holding L?

If I understand correctly, first I must create an emunand, probably based on my sysnand, right?
Then I must change the region of my emunand to japan, and I would do that the same way I did to change the firmware of my sysnand, correct?

Then I would create a Japanese eshop account and change my profile region to Japan to match my Japanese eshop account...

Now when accessing my American sysnand would it be possible for me to play online and access the eshop normally or would I need to access emunand holding L?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does sysnand also have the ability to switch regions by holding L?
No, you can have only one sysnand.
If I understand correctly, first I must create an emunand, probably based on my sysnand, right?
Yes.
Then I must change the region of my emunand to japan, and I would do that the same way I did to change the firmware of my sysnand, correct?
You can't region change an emunand. The region of the emunand created will match the region of your sysnand (if that matters).
Then I would create a Japanese eshop account and change my profile region to Japan to match my Japanese eshop account...
Again, you can't (once you do a region change), and certainly not with emunand.
Now when accessing my American sysnand would it be possible for me to play online and access the eshop normally or would I need to access emunand holding L?
No eShop access for both. Also you don't need the eShop to play online.

Reactions: MG4M3R

Temujin64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can't region change an emunand. The region of the emunand created will match the region of your sysnand (if that matters).

I can confirm that this isn't true. My 3DS is a Japanese version. Sysnand was region switched to EU. EmuNAND is Japan.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that this isn't true. My 3DS is a Japanese version. Sysnand was region switched to EU. EmuNAND is Japan.
Maybe, if you've made the emunand (from JP sysnand) before region changing (to EU). But that wasn't what i was talking about, which is changing the region of the emunand itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)