Hardware Error: cannot open directories

Selfx712

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*********SOLVED*********

Ended up being something with the write protection levers on the left side of the socket which is what the WP stands for I guess. Bypassed it using the alternative solder point and the ground point on the socket.

Having issues with fceugx, snes9x, and vbagx, not being able to open directories or not showing all the games. Fceu shows roms up to the letter P, but freezes as soon as I try and launch a game. Snes and vba both show error opening directory. Genplusgx works fine and plays as it should. This Wii had a bad SD socket locking/eject mechanism so I took it apart and replaced the spring and lock. I use the same SD card in every Wii I mod so I'm guessing it's got something to do with the socket itself. Inspection shows nothing out of the ordinary and all socket pins are good. Has anyone ever had this issue before after repairing the sd socket? Before I repaired it, the sd wouldn't be detected, wouldn't show any games on the sd, and wouldn't lock/eject etc. Now everything appears as it should. I've reinstalled all wads to make sure it wasn't a corrupted file system. Not sure what else to look for. If it was a socket error, wouldn't you think all emulators would behave the same? Also does anyone know what this solder point is for? Thinking maybe it didn't get soldered back together properly and maybe that's the issue? It had to be undone to remove the SD socket cage.

Attachments

• 20210128_094746.jpg
    20210128_094746.jpg
    671.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited by Selfx712,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, I think i'm one too