error booting system menu

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gleveric, Mar 27, 2009.

Mar 27, 2009

error booting system menu by gleveric at 3:31 AM (683 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. gleveric
    OP

gleveric Newbie

Hello,

My friend accidentally hit update, then while updating it he unplugged the power to my Wii!!!!! I assume its bricked!

I have SoftMii 2.1.1 installed. So now when I turn it on it goes right to preloader 0.28. When I try to access the system menu it either shows a black screen and does nothing or says "error booting system menu". I can still access the home brew channel through preloader, and even play games through the backup channel app. But no system menu. Also in the home brew channel it says network not initialized (I was going to try AnyRegionChanger or IOSDowngrader to try and fix it, but you need a network connection for those.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. Ericthegreat

Member Ericthegreat Not New Member

United States
    I would think you could just install the system menu wad (wait for confirmation before doing so) worst comes worst i think you would need a network connection >.< are you on high speed? If so get a linksys box (I'd still recommend a WRT54G but there may be better ones that work with the wii now that are less buggy)

3. wchill

Member wchill Resident chillxpert

United States
    I believe that if you have the proper WADs, you can do an offline install. Your settings have been wiped out, so you'll have to do it this way.

4. gleveric
    OP

gleveric Newbie

Oh is that where I use WiiScrubber to extract a SystemMenu-v289.wad, then just run that in wad manager?

Yeah I have wifi high speed, but for some reason since this happened it won't obtain an IP addy. And since I cant get to the system menu I cant check my network settings...

5. gleveric
    OP

gleveric Newbie

That system menu wad fixed it, thanks!!!!