Error 53001: Can't connect using this Wifi ID ?

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by k4ever, Jan 15, 2009.

Jan 15, 2009
  1. k4ever
    OP

Member k4ever GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have an acekard 2.1 and have not having any problems connecting wifi my DS in my home ( even though I only get 2 bars when the router is right next to me, but that's not my question right now ).
    Now I wanted to play some Tetris online with somebody, but using the free wifi of a restaurant. When I checked for any access points, the DS found the one of the restaurant and everything was going smooth ( it was unlocked and had full bars ). Now when I saved the settings for that access point and decided to "test the connection" the full bars where shown, and then it changed to no bar connection ( red ), and then the message "error 53001" appeared. It said that I can't connect online using my ID or something like that.
    What is the problem and how can I fix it?
    Thx in advance.

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    this place probably requires an electronic signature, something you have to click "ok" too. this is something you can't do on the nds. you should ask the proprietors of the establishment how they have configured their free wifi service to be sure.

-another world