KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Rverse is shut down.
The team decided to expire the certificate.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From their twitter is it good news: is it? Due to the recent Let's Encrypt expirepocalypse, rverse will not work for now We'll be fixing this soonish and release a new patch so you can use rverse again

TheEnigma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
They didn't 'decide to expire the certificate'. The certificate just expired and they have some problems with Let's Encrypt to make a new cert. Check their Discord before spreading misinformation.
Thank you for the clarification. I was seriously concerned that they gave up on the project.
Happy they are trying to keep it up!

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
well they truly ended by shutting down the server. When you open it it says:
"Error code 015-3060"

OmanComputar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Rverse is shut down.
The team decided to expire the certificate.
This statement is as false as the Switch Pro rumors.

The reason is obviously the fact that the Root certificate that is needed to connect expired, as we were using the old Let's Encrypt root (DST Root CA X3) and that expired last month, breaking not only rverse, but many other devices.
Also, the current patch for rverse has the limitation that it was made to fit that specific root by setting a 0x350 space, in which the expired root barely fit in there. I was given an updated patch that has more space for another root, which will be selfsigned instead of using an established root for the moment.

The "Just wait a couple more days!" message is because I'm looking to replicate the same settings as the old DST root, to make it work. From there the rest falls in place by itself. The delay is mostly my IRL life being so nosy as always.

TheOutGuy_2012

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On there twitter @Rverseclub they said they did that to make mantince and upgrades to the servers :) so no verse is not shutdown :)

Welshgamer101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just went to use it and seen the error code and ended up here..
I hope it gets sorted again! As not being around for the original Miiverse - It was great fun being able to post a note, draw a scribble etc.. I see why people enjoyed it so much first time around. Oh well guess will have to wait and see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    A chaser is someone who uses (mostly trans) individuals to their advantage like I said.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    thats weird
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    blahaj will keep me safe
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    damn I forget my school blocks every video
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Right, yeah.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    dune 2 popcorn bucket
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many schools use some form of firewall or protection, to prevent certain types of content from being viewable.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, And that haha
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school blocks stuff but allows some stuff, its annoying, they legit can see our screens if they want
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. That popcorns got sand in it :(
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There was a time where we were able to bypass the school's network using a VPN that wasn't blocked on the radar. Can't exactly remember the name, but I was able to watch YouTube.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.