Homebrew Emunand/Sysnand Backup/Restore OTP Guide [Question] [Help]

Robert McCoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on part 4 of the guide and I just updated the emunand to 11.0.0 and then I backed it up. However, it's saying the size is (min size) 1240mb and i'm thinking,"uhh okay but my actual sysnand size is 1.8 gb and if I tried to restore the 2.1 unbricked emunand to the sysnand wouldn't that FUCK IT ALL UP since they are conflicting sizes??????????????

Robert McCoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help? I really don't want to brick, especially considering this isn't my own n3ds. It's my friend's and he trusts me with this since i set my own up. However this emunand size difference didn't happen with mine.

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help? I really don't want to brick, especially considering this isn't my own n3ds. It's my friend's and he trusts me with this since i set my own up. However this emunand size difference didn't happen with mine.
Does it happen everytime you dump it?

Robert McCoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. I've dumped the emunand 3 times now. Each time it is 1240mb.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Because you selected min size, it basically won't backup all the empty space.

No, I didn't select the min size option. I've been doing the very top option to backup emunand.

Pikm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on part 4 of the guide and I just updated the emunand to 11.0.0 and then I backed it up. However, it's saying the size is (min size) 1240mb and i'm thinking,"uhh okay but my actual sysnand size is 1.8 gb and if I tried to restore the 2.1 unbricked emunand to the sysnand wouldn't that FUCK IT ALL UP since they are conflicting sizes??????????????
If it's a valid dump from your emuNAND and you dumped it multiple times with the same result, then it will flash fine to your sysNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi