EmuNAND over SystemNAND possible ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by toto621, Jan 19, 2015.

?

If it's possible without issues, would you like to write EmuNAND over SysNAND ?

1. Yes

25.0%
  2. No

75.0%
  1. toto621
    OP

toto621 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2015
    Belgium
    Hi,

I want to know if it's possible (and wise) to ovewrite 3DS XL SysNAND (4.4) with Gateway EmuNAND (9.4) without briking the console or forbid you to install newer updates ?

Why asking this ? Because I ordered a New 3DS XL (Europe so not until February 13), I have Gateway flashcard and I have NO intention to activate any Internet feature on that console and I don't like that web exploit used to activate Gateway mode on SysNAND > 4.5 each boot.

Thx in advance,

Toto621

2. ChrisX930

ChrisX930 Banned

Banned
    Sep 3, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Why do you want to overwrite your SysNAND with a 9.4 EmuNAND?!
    You can't use any Exploits on 9.4!

3. toto621
    OP

toto621 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2015
    Belgium
    I assume EmuNAND made by Gateway flashcard allow exploits like CIA installer, ect... or am I misunderstood ? Is EmuNAND not a PATCHED NAND file with exploits installed/allowed ?

If the DS profile exploit was possible on SysNAND >4.5 I would be happy with it but it's not the case and I don't want to spend money on another flashcard like Sky3DS, thzt's why I ask here if it's possible without ANY issues to flash EmuNAND over SysNAND using Gateway, tat's all.

4. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    the emuNAND launcher applies some patches to the emunand before loading it to make everything happen. This is not possible on 3DS boot, so if you were to do this, all the things that made it emunand would just be gone. You'd be stuck with a legit 9.4 3DS that removes all installed cias automatically. So don't do that.

Also, when Gateway finally works on the n3DS, it might not be through the web browser but through another method. (it also might just be the web browser again, nobody knows)

5. toto621
    OP

toto621 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2015
    Belgium
    Arras : Thx for your answer, I was misunderstood what EmuNAND is obviously.

I have my answer, it's all but wise to do this, thx :)