lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I'm running Atmosphere 0.9.1 with the EmuNand on a hidden partition, my Emunand is clean and on firmware 6.0, completely virgin with nothing else installed whatsoever.

1) My question is what firmware should I update this too as I take it not all my NSP games are going to work on this older firmware? Are there any negatives to updating the firmware on my Emunand ?

2) Also if I do install my NSP games under Firmware 6.0 and then carry out a firmware update will all my NSP games stop working and need to be installed again ? I was thinking my sig patches would be incompatible ?

Thanks guys much appreciated :)

Reactions: coldfire0101

Rimaahkehs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Sorry if I annoy you but I am new to scene and got a patched unit but now as custom firmware is available I want to hack it and setup emummc questions which I want to ask are
1 how to setup emummc
2 how can one tell the difference that he is in emummc after booting up cfw not in sysnand
I need to know these because I want to update my Console by using emummc so that I can enjoy all games thanks for your precious time

Cerulis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi Guys

I'm running Atmosphere 0.9.1 with the EmuNand on a hidden partition, my Emunand is clean and on firmware 6.0, completely virgin with nothing else installed whatsoever.

1) My question is what firmware should I update this too as I take it not all my NSP games are going to work on this older firmware? Are there any negatives to updating the firmware on my Emunand ?

2) Also if I do install my NSP games under Firmware 6.0 and then carry out a firmware update will all my NSP games stop working and need to be installed again ? I was thinking my sig patches would be incompatible ?

Thanks guys much appreciated :)

It is recommended to always update to the latest firmware that your CFW supports. So check the latest version of Atmosphere and check what is the current highest supported firmware.
If you try to play a NSP game that itself hasn't been patched to work on a lower firmware, then it just won't work. You have to update.

I can't speak for sig patches but updating your Firmware should not break your installed games.

And please, please make a backup before updating.

Sorry if I annoy you but I am new to scene and got a patched unit but now as custom firmware is available I want to hack it and setup emummc questions which I want to ask are
1 how to setup emummc
2 how can one tell the difference that he is in emummc after booting up cfw not in sysnand
I need to know these because I want to update my Console by using emummc so that I can enjoy all games thanks for your precious time

Check the FAQ and newbie thread or make your own, my friend. Don't hijack others like this.

Edit: grammar

Last edited by Cerulis,

Rimaahkehs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
It is recommended to always update to the latest firmware that your CFW supports. So check the latest version of Atmosphere and check what is the current highest supported firmware.
If you try to play a NSP game that itself hasn't been patched to work on a lower firmware, then it just won't work. You have to update.

I can't speak for sig patches but updating your Firmware should not break your installed games.

And please, please make a backup before updating.

Check the FAQ and newbie thread or make your own, my friend. Don't hijack others like this.

Edit: grammar
Sorry this will not be repeated and about grammar part I was in a bit hurry so I didn't thought about getting my grammar correct but now as I think about it I am in complete regression why because for seeking help on gbatemp you should have a great grammar thanks for making me understand my mistake I want to promise you that it will not be repeated at all in future :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)