• Total voters

VDDZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using a 256gb card and I think I'm missing some 50gb, where did they go?

I made the first partation 78gb fat32 for homebrew so I can fit some big files, then left 160 for hetcat to build my system and sd card with . But looking in the data management, I have a prolly 32gb (shows 20gb availabe with a few things installed) and a 77gb sd card. Where didi some 50 gb go? sorry for typos, computer lagging...

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using a 256gb card and I think I'm missing some 50gb, where did they go?

I made the first partation 78gb fat32 for homebrew so I can fit some big files, then left 160 for hetcat to build my system and sd card with . But looking in the data management, I have a prolly 32gb (shows 20gb availabe with a few things installed) and a 77gb sd card. Where didi some 50 gb go? sorry for typos, computer lagging...
Subtract 32 from the 78gb partition and there is your missing storage. You need to format the Emummc partition to 32gb not 78gb. The emummc partition is an image of the sysmmc so if you make it larger you’ll loose the difference. When creating your emummc partition you should make it exactly 29856 MB.

Reactions: VDDZ

VDDZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay! There's the answer! Thank you! I did not realize why we were formatting the sd card like that.

Also, should I try fatex and file style emummc yet? I still want homebrew emulators tho, so what I hear is not for fatex cuz corruption issues due to nx base sdfatex drivers... Or whatever... Thank you!

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay! There's the answer! Thank you! I did not realize why we were formatting the sd card like that.

Also, should I try fatex and file style emummc yet? I still want homebrew emulators tho, so what I hear is not for fatex cuz corruption issues due to nx base sdfatex drivers... Or whatever... Thank you!
Fat32 is the preferred format to avoid corruption.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o