lacrima08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all,

Sorry if the question has already been posted but to much threads...

If I update my switch to 6.2 firmware with ChoiDuJourNX. (to dump new keys with lockpick ...) can I restore my 6.0 backup (boot0 boot1 and rawdump) or not ?

will there be burnt efuses even if I use ChoiDuJourNX ? I read something like this when 6.2 firm launched .

I don't want to stay in 6.2 when it's not absolutely necessary (i don't get online for the moment and don't have games that require more than 5.1 firm)

Thanks

Last edited by lacrima08,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it will prevent fuse burn and yes you can downgrade afterwards as long as you dont accidentally boot into OFW (turn on autoRCM)

Reactions: lacrima08

realg123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks guys,
I'm assuming if you updated using choi, and booted into OFW it will stick work and not semi-brick but just burn the fuses?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks guys,
I'm assuming if you updated using choi, and booted into OFW it will stick work and not semi-brick but just burn the fuses?

Right. Letting it burn fuses only stops you booting earlier OFW.

Whenever you boot OFW it checks the fuses and will refuse to boot if more fuses are burnt than expected, if fewer fuses are burnt than expected then it will burn up to the expected number.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: realg123

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Whenever you boot OFW it checks the fuses and will refuse to boot if more fuses are burnt, otherwise it will burn up to the expected number.
That's not exactly true. The fuses will only be burnt if you boot your console with the nintendo boot loader. If you inject a payload (for example the SX loader) and boot in this way in OFW, no fuses will be burnt.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not exactly true. The fuses will only be burnt if you boot your console with the nintendo boot loader. If you inject a payload (for example the SX loader) and boot in this way in OFW, no fuses will be burnt.
If you use an alternate bootloader, then it isnt pure OFW

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats different?
Why confuse noobs? I dont know why people feel the need to bring up what you did. There is exactly no benefit in using a custom boot loader to load OFW when fuse count is too high. In the context of saving your fuse count for downgrading later when/if a better exploit is released then using a custom boot loader wont help at all. That's why I say to people you cant downgrade if your fuses aren't burnt. Because you cant in the context of what they're asking. Do people correct me just so they can be right?

Yes, you can downgrade but then you have to use a custom boot loader to get into OFW and again, this accomplishes nothing.

Reactions: Garou

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You CAN downgrade if your fuses aren't burned and you own a working backup of the low firmware.
Did you even read the whole post. Yes I know you can but people are using that info thinking that they can just downgrade and then boot OFW without RCM and it will be fine. Just read the front page of the forum. Its filled with users complaining that they cant boot after a downgrade.

When/if another exploit is revealed for lower firmware you will need to have your OFW on that firmware booting without RCM. Why is this so hard for people to understand? There is no benefit to flashing your firmware to a lower version if you have use a custom boot loader to make it work!

It's all about context

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Did you even read the whole post. Yes I know you can but people are using that info thinking that they can just downgrade and then boot OFW without RCM and it will be fine. Just read the front page of the forum. Its filled with users complaining that they cant boot after a downgrade.

When/if another exploit is revealed for lower firmware you will need to have your OFW on that firmware booting without RCM. Why is this so hard for people to understand? There is no benefit to flashing your firmware to a lower version if you have use a custom boot loader to make it work!

It's all about context
You tell people to not confuse noobs but thats what you do here with your „context“. Think about it.

lacrima08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi all,

Update from 6.0 to 6.2.0 OK, new keys dumped.

Restored with success to my 6.0 backup

Same count of efuses than before update

Everything is fine !

Thanks you @Kafluke

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P