Editing / Hacking a wad.

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Rick Astley, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Rick Astley
    OP

Rick Astley The real one !

Apr 1, 2015
    Hi.
    First i'm sorry if i'm in the wrong section, but i really don't know where to post this.

Well, i've many question about editing a wad : Pokémon Rumble.

I'm playing a LOT on it, but i'd like to know if some edits are possible for a different/better way to enjoy the game. First, is it possible to edit the textures in a simple way ? I would like to edit some pokemon textures in order to have better colors etc. Only colors, yep.

I want to know if there's any way to edit the wild pokémon. I would like to change some areas in order to have some fun on it, or if it's possible, only ONE type of pokémon for all the stage.

And finally, if there's any simple way to edit the save file (aka pokémon / moves etc) ?

Thanks

2. TheSockNaster

TheSockNaster Kawaii

Banned
    Feb 7, 2015
    United States
    I cannot help with the wads, but if you use usbloader, wiiflow, or something like those to download the game you can use the ocarina cheat code manager and use cheats to unlock the stuff. There is a harder way and that way is to hex edit it.

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    You don't edit the wad itself.
    You need to edit the memory while playing (applying cheat codes).

To apply cheatcodes you can use a game loader (GeckoOS or any USBLoaders capable or launching channels).
    The issue will be the cheatcode itself, either it's already done and you usually can find it on cheatcode websites, either it's not done yet and you will have to search codes yourself.

To search codes, you need a USBGecko (hardware debugging tool to connect Wii to PC with USB cable), or use Dolphin emulators on PC.

For savefile edition, it's not easy.
    You can extract your savefile from the console easily, but you need to know how it's storing the data inside.
    Almost all savefiles have a checksum to detect if the save is corrupted or not, so you will have to understand that to fix the corruption after editing the data.
    Pokémon games are one of the most hacked series, there's probably already someone who created a save editor.

4. Rick Astley
    OP

Rick Astley The real one !

Apr 1, 2015
    Thanks for your answers o/ !

I'm checking this for years and years. The cheats codes by GeckoOS are really useless (for me at least uh), and I'm looking for something more specific I think sadly. I'm playing on both Dolphin / Wii so that's really not a problem for the platform in order to edit this. But my priority IS REALLY to edit the wild pokémon (it would be a dream for me to do this)

For the save editor, i've found nothing. And it's not a priority if I can edit wild pokémon

Thanks both o/