Hacking Easiest way to make NAND dump?

blackwhitexy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
With all the talk of brick code potentially being hidden in releases, I want to make a NAND backup.

I use SX OS. Is there an easy tool to do this or is it a really complicated process?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With all the talk of brick code potentially being hidden in releases, I want to make a NAND backup.

I use SX OS. Is there an easy tool to do this or is it a really complicated process?
SX OS has it's own NAND Dumper. Boot the loader by holding VolUp while pressing power, go to Options and there you'll find it, do a Raw Nand dump.

blackwhitexy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
SX OS has it's own NAND Dumper. Boot the loader by holding VolUp while pressing power, go to Options and there you'll find it, do a Raw Nand dump.

yesss. this is the answer i was hoping for. thank you.

do you perhaps know if i need to do a NAND dump every time i update my console?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yesss. this is the answer i was hoping for. thank you.

do you perhaps know if i need to do a NAND dump every time i update my console?
No, you don't. If you, say, are on a hypothetical 7.0.0 that burns more fuses than 6.1.0, and you were to restore the 6.1.0 dump to said 7.0.0 console, you would only be able to boot via Hekate, ignoring fuse checks. But then you could update to 7.0.0 again from there and go on.
I'd say just to a backup every now and then, it is no effort besides waiting for a bit, rest is done itself. I personally do backups after system updates, or like once in a month, whichever comes first.

Fafner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Cant' really understand why pretty much everyone is recommending hekate when SX Pro does have its own NAND backup/restore function. Are there confirmed problems I'm not aware of or is it just the usual "Team Xecuter sucks" stuff?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Cant' really understand why pretty much everyone is recommending hekate when SX Pro does have its own NAND backup/restore function. Are there confirmed problems I'm not aware of or is it just the usual "Team Xecuter sucks" stuff?
Because hekate is the original and checks the backup to make sure it is not corrupted.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Console specific keys, but you can also dump them after your switch is bricked. Doesn't hurt to have them
Are they what you dump with kezplez-nx? If not, which option is it in hekate?
I'm asking because I made NAND backup yesterdey, BOOT0/1 and rawnand.bin, and I'd rather have everything, just in case.

BDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are they what you dump with kezplez-nx? If not, which option is it in hekate?
I'm asking because I made NAND backup yesterdey, BOOT0/1 and rawnand.bin, and I'd rather have everything, just in case.
With TegraRcmSmash and biskeydump from https://switchtools.sshnuke.net/ open a windows cmd (windows+x -> cmd, or in explorer with nothing selected shift+right click -> open powershell here), send the biskeydump payload to your Switch:
Code:
P:\ath\to\TegraRcmSmash.exe P:\ath\to\biskeydump.bin -r
And copy the output somewhere safe. (you may need to input ctrl+M to be able to copy)

Last edited by BDS,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Verification so you know your dump is ok. Also I watched ctcaer's dumper develop and get perfected, so I trust it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT