Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
what is the best dvd-r disks for the wii
different people sa different things, its a different story for softmods and hardmods, and wiis to other wiis, but in my opinion with my wii, as im modded, Ritek -Rs are the best....others will say different, its best for you to test yourself
smile.gif

Trigger_Happy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear excellent reviews on Ritek and Verbatim. I guess I drew a lucky straw when buying my DVD-Rs, because I bought the following.

Memorex DVD-R 50 pack from Radioshack
Verbatim DVD-R 50 pack from Newegg

Both are high quality media and both read flawlessly on my Wii (ALL games I burned worked flawlessly. Only coaster I got was for a Windows 7 Beta that didn't burn past 50%, and that was the computer's fault for freezing).

Both packs were cheap, but Verbatim was the cheapest and I had less of a chance of getting any lower quality. I am so happy I spent my money on both these spindles and I will definitely buy more when the moment calls for it.

Only this time I am going to B&H because they have disks that I can write on and aren't shiny.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
what is the best dvd-r disks for the wii
different people sa different things, its a different story for softmods and hardmods, and wiis to other wiis, but in my opinion with my wii, as im modded, Ritek -Rs are the best....others will say different, its best for you to test yourself
smile.gif

i have a soft modded wii and i use verbatim -r's. seems djdynamite123 is right again.
bow.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
krissynz said:
I use Philips DVD-R and none have failed me yet.
I got Philips DVD-R in 100 pack and they worked fine - my friend got Philips DVD-R in 25's and used my laptop iso and software and they all failed.

NOTWORKING123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trigger_Happy said:
I hear excellent reviews on Ritek and Verbatim. I guess I drew a lucky straw when buying my DVD-Rs, because I bought the following.

Memorex DVD-R 50 pack from Radioshack
Verbatim DVD-R 50 pack from Newegg

Both are high quality media and both read flawlessly on my Wii (ALL games I burned worked flawlessly. Only coaster I got was for a Windows 7 Beta that didn't burn past 50%, and that was the computer's fault for freezing).

Both packs were cheap, but Verbatim was the cheapest and I had less of a chance of getting any lower quality. I am so happy I spent my money on both these spindles and I will definitely buy more when the moment calls for it.

Only this time I am going to B&H because they have disks that I can write on and aren't shiny.
for some reason my 16x memorex doesnt work. do you no how to fix it?

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
davedeluxe said:
take a look at these: http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm.
if you are wondering, that verbatim doesn't appears in the list...use dvd indentifier and read out the manufactor of the medium...verbatim e.g. are Taiyo Yuden

AFAIK Verbatim use recording layers from Mitsubishi (MCC, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation) and Taiyo Yuden have never manufactured for or supplied to Verbatim..?
TY are my brand of choice but I rarely buy them as they are so highly priced.

My Wii seems to read everything I throw in it, old 4 speed DVD-RW discs, scratched, cheap, crappy stuff it doesn't matter. One friend's refuses to read any copies that are done on CMC -R discs and another's wont read any Sony +R discs. Swapped media over though and both are fine!

Any optical drive is going to perform differently to another, there are miniscule differences in the focal length of the laser, the rotation speed and the stability of the spinning disc that can be attributed to manufacturing fault tolerances and things like 'settling' of components over time or bumps and other shocks in transit/use.
Optical media is also varying in quality, even from one end of a spindle to the other. They are not all the same disc, just very very similar.

Good Luck
wink.gif

payupsucker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
C/P from Wikepedia

"Blank CD and DVD media is made by That's Fukushima for the distributor START Lab. Media Products manufactured by Taiyo Yuden are considered to be some of the best among enthusiasts, and are also used by drive manufacturers and Sony PlayStation game developers.

Taiyo Yuden's cakeboxes usually have a special form and a printed shrinkwrap foil (unlike other manufacturers using transparent shrinkwrap and printed paper cylinder). The inner rings of the CD-R products are frosted.

Taiyo Yuden branded products are not common outside of Japan (where Taiyo Yuden media has a market share of about 60%) but unbranded CDs and DVDs are available from some online retailers. Rebranded Taiyo Yuden media can be found under Fujifilm, Fusion, Maxell, Miflop, Panasonic, Plextor, Sony, TDK and Verbatim Corporation brands."

Just like many things, one company usually manufactures for many other companies.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Easy. Verbatim DVD-R discs are the best. And everyone recommends them. I prefer burning them at 4X speed with ImgBurn and my PI/PO scan results are almost always 99% (error is 0.3-0.5%). Although, I'm on a Mac so I use Parallels to get Windows XP loaded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end