Dumping Wii games on PC

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by atomikramp, Oct 6, 2008.

Oct 6, 2008

Dumping Wii games on PC by atomikramp at 1:09 AM (4,084 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. atomikramp
    OP

Member atomikramp GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Hi all, i searched on google about dumping wii games on the PC with raw dump, and all guides says that only a few dvd-rom drives can read wii discs.

by looking into my PC details i found out that i have a HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8161B.

since i have this drive for about 4 or 5 years, is it that it just looks similar to the one compatible, or i'm a damn fucking lucker in having bought this drive ages ago?

coz damn, i just went on ebay to look for a compatible dvd-rom drive to dump wii games, and they are freaking expansive.. i bought my own for about €30 more then 5 years ago...

2. SenorClean

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Looks like you got lucky.

Of course now with cIOS - it's pretty easy to just dump directly from the Wii to your PC over your network.

3. Melchizedek

Member Melchizedek GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    What if I don't have one of the LG drives and don't want to install custom IOS, what can I do? I have a 2GB card and the Wiikey SD Gamecube thingey... how does it work exactly?

4. atomikramp
    OP

Member atomikramp GBAtemp Regular

Italy

well yes, but it's really time saving to dump them directly on PC... not to mention the stress that you apply to the wii drive to read a disc for hours to dump it via wifi.