GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
OP
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Okay, has the topic says i want to know what i need to sucessfully dump and restore GBA Saves to a retail cart

is it possible to dump and restore a gba save file / rom ( i know its not possible to restore ROMS AFAIK ) only using a : DS Phat + M3i Zero + Real GBA Cartridge?

The purpose of this is so i can, dump the .sav from my pokemon gba games, use AR on a emulator so i can get the event items ( tickets for the islands etc ) and restore it to the gba retail cart... is that possible?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A double-post THAT quickly is pointless. This forum is not active at all.

There are a couple of solutions, but the problem is that the Pokemon games for every generation always use some weird special type/size for saving, so I can't guarantee that anything would work. I don't want to give advice that could end up wiping your save files for good.

MaxNuker

OP
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
wiping them is not really a problem... i dont really have anything on them that is valuable... i tried gba back up tool but it says its not compatible with the hardware... is there any gba dumper that works with m3i zero? or that i can use any other firmware, like YSM3 , WoodM3, R4i Rts or M3 Sakura? >.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh right, didn't Rudolph make it specifically so that his tools (like GBA Backup Tool) wouldn't work on M3 products? Dang, that's the main one I was going to recommend.

MaxNuker

OP
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
The prob is , i want the events on my pokemon fire red and emerald retail cartridge!!!!

BUT LOOK, I WENT AND TRIED THE VERSION 0.1 FROM RUDOLPH TOOL!!! AND GUESS WHAT? IT WORKED! I HAVE THE SAVE DUMPED!!!!! i was messing around with the commands... and it said create new sav file, because apparently it wasnt seeing the sav file on the retail cartridge... i pressed that and for my surprise it dumped xD

MaxNuker

OP
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
i already did what i wanted... but because im using a m3i zero, m3 users have to get the 1st version of the rudolph's gba backup tool, v0.01 and it works, i dumped the sav + rom, edited the sav with the cheats i wanted on Enciclopedia Pokemon - English ( its like pokesav ) i edited the item on my pokemon, putted the tickets and then went on VBA emulator, taken the tickets out of the pokemon, resaved and i put the sav again on the real cartridge
biggrin.gif

i could make a guide on how to sucessfuly do this if you guys want

MaxNuker

OP
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
sorry double post again:

WELL... i just passed pokemon league on my pokemon emerald, got national dex, went to battle frontier... i have the tickets ingame... i used a program almost like pokesav to get them in there... i gave them to a pokemon to hold, and retired them... but i cant board the ships to the islands i dont know why... could someone help me?

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
You gotta use the EDIT button, dude.

EDIT: To get your events working properly, you ALSO need the event flags activated on the save. Hacking the event item (i.e. Soul Ticket, etc.) won't work unless you ALSO hack the Event Flag (thing saying "Hey Game I have the event ready!").

You can fix this problem by one of several things:

When playing the game, use a code for it, Action Replay, Gameshark, etc. on real hardware.

Alternatively, you could do it in the emulator, and then put the save on the game after completing the event.

I had hacked all the event items back in my grade school days and you couldn't go to the event without the code on. It wouldn't save the event flag, for some reason.

MaxNuker

OP
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
i know i need to use the edit button, and i use it... but has the problem is now a new one i though it would be better to post on a separate post... anyways what did you win on saying that i gotta use it? 1 post? you didnt help me at nothing on my problem -.-'

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?2565...on-Replay-Codes

(M) - Pokemon Emerald
D8BAE4D9 4864DCE5
A86CDBA5 19BA49B3

DMA Disabler
A57E2EDE A5AFF3E4
1C7B3231 B494738C

Buy Tickets at PokeMart
Eon Ticket - 2nd shop item
Mystic Ticket - 3rd shop item
CFF34ABF B51248A9
F7E323E2 17A5CCA3
C2D1840A 9F6B65C1

Aurora Ticket - 4th shop item
Old Sea Map - 5th shop item
CFF34ABF B51248A9
8F575F42 9FECD974
1584DFB4 42758518

Island Enablers

Southern Island Event Enabler (DMA)
0D6A02AA B44948BD

Faraway Island & Birth Island Enabler (DMA)
C0443E89 7B97FEC2
0976A51E FE4031B6

Navel Rock Island Enabler (DMA)
4465D861 DF900BE4

Ferry Destinations (needs Enablers and Tickets)

Southern Island & Birth Island (DMA)
404F4203 DEDBC3F7

Faraway Island (DMA)
8BC4F2DA D60DC3A7

Navel Rock (DMA)
9C80A76B CA343F37

Battle Frontier (DMA)
30B7D565 49B461B6

See? there are separate codes needed. Just do the event on the Emulator, and finish it (catch your event Pokemon) and then put the save back on the cart.

Easier solution would be to invest the 20-30 bucks in an Action Replay.
wink.gif

MaxNuker

OP
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
thanks, and sorry if i sounded too harsh before.. i didnt mean too... you did help me a lot! x)
i'll just use the enablers, enable the event and save and do the rest in the real cartridge
biggrin.gif

EDIT: i managed to get 2 of the 4 islands to work... southern island and navel rock... but its seems like i cant use the Faraway Island and the Birth Island enabler to work... could you help me?

D

Deleted-236924

But now there will be a different problem: the Real-Time Clock data on your save file should now be messed up.

D

Deleted-236924

Schlupi said:
Pingouin7 said:
But now there will be a different problem: the Real-Time Clock data on your save file should now be messed up.

Lol if he was using an emulator with RTC support (which he most likely was) he should be fine.
No.
From my personal experience, everytime I restored a save file to Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald, the RTC data messed up.
Each single time.

I've tried both Pokedoc's tool and Rudolph's tool.

Edit: I haven't used my Ruby cart for a while and the RTC seems to have fixed itself while I wasn't playing.
Same for my friend's Emerald.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.