Dumping retail discs

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sess, Apr 9, 2009.

Apr 9, 2009

Dumping retail discs by sess at 4:48 PM (1,033 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. sess
    OP

Member sess GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Since the latest Waninkoko's cIOS rev 9, the DVD Dump doesn't work anymore. At least, nor for original discs, for me. What should I do to dump those? FTPii fails to mount the image, and DVD Dumper doesn't even start the dumping. :/

2. MightyMouse

Member MightyMouse GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    use the new usb loader and rip it via that tool, you can then extract the iso back out. its also ALOT quicker

like 30mins for the average rip

3. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Well, you can dump them via usbloader, then use a gui to extract the iso and burn that. Only thing is the iso is the equivalent to it getting brickblocked and scrubbed. (the only partition on the disc is the game itself)

4. moose94

Member moose94 Advanced Member

United States
    I have no problem with retail discs and cios rev9. Dumping or reading is not a problem... Do you have a mod chip?

5. sess
    OP

Member sess GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    No modchip. The thing is, the loader stops the dumping process at a certain percentage, depending on the disc. For example, Twilight Princess freezes on 19%, SSBB at 5. I once tried to format the HDD, and then dumped Brawl just fine, but whenever one battle ends, the Wii freezes. Also happens when trying to get into Subspace Emissary.

So far, I had no problems with games dumped via WBFS on the PC, so that's why I wanted to dump the games to the PC, then to the HDD. :|

6. TroyTheZombie

Canada
    Hmm...i wonder if your lens is having trouble reading the discs? They may play fine, but ripping is a whole different matter.

7. sess
    OP

Member sess GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    I don't think so. I can dump backups through FTPii, but it doesn't mount the Wii optical drive if an original disc is on it. Also, they play from the disc channel with no issues whatsoever :(.

8. TroyTheZombie

Canada
    What an odd error. Can't say its a common problem either, i can still dump via DVD dumper through wifi just fine, and I am using cios rev 9 as well.

Maybe try reinstalling cios? might have mucked up during the install, seeing as how it was working prior to installing it.

Also, do a network install of it, I have heard alot of people having issues after doing a wad install of cios rev9.

9. sess
    OP

Member sess GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Got it working... probably something broke the USB Lan Adapter. WiFi works, and mounts the disc. Gah, damn, my router sucks, haha... oh well, thanks for the help, guys.

10. TroyTheZombie

Canada
    that would be cios rev 9 that "broke" the lan adapter. hopefully it gets fixed in rev10. [​IMG]