Hacking Dump 3ds game with powersave ?

Vitali_uwu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible to dump 3ds game with the powersave accessory that you can plug into your pc ?
I would like to try to dump some of my 3ds games without hacking my 3ds.

Last edited by Vitali_uwu,

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
I don't mean to be one of those members from the hateful comments mentioned above, but I have to ask you this question:

Why won't you install CFW on your console? Is there any specific reason?

I'm only asking this because CFW gives you a lot of advantages and you get a better use of your console. One of them would be able to dump your games easily using GodMode9 (aka GM9). :D

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Is it possible to dump 3ds game with the powersave accessory that you can plug into your pc ?
I would like to try to dump some of my 3ds games without hacking my 3ds.
I don't mean to be one of those members from the hateful comments mentioned above, but I have to ask you this question: What is the point of dumping the games then? Without CFW you have no use for it on the console anyway.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am not one of those members making hateful comments¹ ; I usually try to answer to the best of my knowledge without questioning the thinking of anybody.
I don't know if Powersaves would be technically able to do this (with other software – the original will obviously not do it). But there are options:
  • Simply install CFW (like already mentioned above) → Think about it; it's obviously your choice. If you need any help, you will most likely find it on GBAtemp.
  • As far as I know the Sky3DS+ accessory Skydock is able to do what you want. Although it probably will dump encrypted ROMs which can't be used with Citra unless you provide AES keys (assuming the ROM dumping without hacking the console is for emulation).
  • You can use a 2|3DS for dumping even if you don't want to modify your console:
    • Get a cheap O2DS (cheapest model) in bad but working condition and install CFW there without touching your main system.
    -- or --
    • ntrboot into GodMode9 on your main system, answer the question about the embedded backup with "no" and dump your games. After a reboot nothing will be modified but you will have your backups on the SD

Good luck and have fun!

¹ Can't say if the answers are really that hateful regularly. The word hate has been used inflationary in the last few years which kinda strips it of it's actual strong meaning. I would rather say: Some answers are simply immature and useless. Things like "nope" or "install CFW already" often combined with disrespectful "lol" or "lmao" not taking the OP's wishes in account.
Not sure what to think of the word "jerk" as a description for GBAtemp members when talking about hateful comments…

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello