Duke Nukem Forever Demo Gameplay

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got Demo Frapsed First leve for you guys to have a preview of it.

Have fun. I recommend 720p or higher adn fullscreen it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWzAjeQXqQ4[/youtube]

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like yet another utterly generic shit brown/gun metal grey FPS with the only USP being a childish sense of humour. Care to explain why this has taken over a decade?

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
After repeatedly announcing and deferring release dates, 3D Realms announced in 2001 that it would be released simply "when it's done". In May 2009, 3D Realms was downsized for financial reasons, resulting in the loss of the game's development team. Statements by the company indicated that the project was due to go gold soon with pictures of final development. Take-Two Interactive, which owns the publishing rights to the game, filed a lawsuit in 2009 against 3D Realms over their failure to finish development. 3D Realms retorted that Take-Two's legal interest in the game is limited to their publishing right. The case was settled with prejudice and details undisclosed in May 2010. On September 3, 2010, after 13 years, Duke Nukem Forever was officially reported by 2K Games to be in development at Gearbox Software.[10] It was originally confirmed to be released on May 3, 2011 in North America, with a worldwide release following on May 6, 2011.[11] This has however been delayed by a month to June 10 internationally with a North American release on June 14. On May 24, 2011, it was announced that Duke Nukem Forever finally went gold after 14 years.[12][13] After going gold the launch trailer for Duke Nukem Forever was released on June 2, 2011.[14]

Seriously dude next you gonna call Serious Sam crap.
If you really want the game for its FPS style and not its playthough go do some CoD with the other kiddies.
Games like these are for pure enjoyment none of your elitist sounding multiplayer crap. Hey at least its released and it plays decent cant you learn to enjoy a game and not think because you cant enlarge your epenis with stuff like ranks that its bad.

Seyiji

Rawr :3
Trophies
Website
www.rage3d.com
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
Looks like yet another utterly generic shit brown/gun metal grey FPS with the only USP being a childish sense of humour. Care to explain why this has taken over a decade?
+1

Also anyone care to explain why Mr Muscle-Man can't push a mine cart up a incline without first taking out 3 barrels he is able to effortlessly grab using one hand :\

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sweet, even in this short fragment there's easter eggs on easter eggs. Can't wait to play this, just can't - I've been waiting for a "real" shooter for quite some time.

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I've played it (the beginning) and I must say i'm kinda disapponted.
I don't know, I wasn't expecting too much, but my main problems are:
1) 2 weapons? Why just two f-cking weapons? Damn you Halo! DN was fun with all those weapons, but now I can just hold two of'em?
2) The weapons don't have the same "impact". You don't feel like holding the weapon, they are kinda generic. There is no "bumps" and "trunks" or something.
3) The HUD sucks. Majorly.
4) Where is my kick??? Now i hit with the weapon, just like all these generic-CoD-copies?

I hope the final build is better, because as it is now, Serious Sam is much better (by the way, I really like Serious Sam. I think he's the DN replacement).

Wombo Combo

That Ain't Falco
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonder why they restricted it were you can only have 2 guns in your inventory other duke games I played didn't do that.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I played this earlier (I'm in the early access thing from Borderlands GOTY) and it was surreal to play it after all this time. The game itself is a fairly generic shooter, but it was quite an experience to hear the Duke again. I might buy it just on the nostalgia factor; being generic doesn't instantly make it bad, and I'm willing to give it a chance.

As a side note, I was also quite disappointed by the 2 weapons thing. Unfortunately, it is being released on consoles as well, so that's what we have to work with.

Yu-Gi-Oh 100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this demo is what the retail game is going to be like then its going to suck balls, and they should have released this game so long ago it's too dated.

"I've been waiting for a "real" shooter for quite some time."

well keep waiting

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blaze163 said:
Looks like yet another utterly generic shit brown/gun metal grey FPS with the only USP being a childish sense of humour.
That's all the franchise ever was.

QUOTE(Blaze163 @ Jun 3 2011, 04:52 PM) Care to explain why this has taken over a decade?
Perhaps the developers realised this and lacked enthusiasm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: hello