DSTwo sometimes gets a booting error... is this normal?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by skfields01, Jul 16, 2014.

1. skfields01
    OP

skfields01 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 22, 2003
    United States
    I have a 3DS XL with the latest firmware. Got a DSTwo with a 16gb card inside. Have several plugins installed... Snes, GBA, Turbografx, NeoGeo, etc.

There are some plugins like the NeoDS that don't have an exit button back to the homescreen. So I have to exit out by hitting the home button and closing it down. Then when I try to boot back into the DSTwo... I get an error message that tells me I have to shut off the 3DS. I do this and sometimes it works and boots up into the DSTwo and sometimes it doesn't. If I immediately go back and try, I get the same error message.... but if I wait a few minutes and try again, then it works fine and boots right into the DSTwo.

Is this normal? I have tried it with 2 different DSTwo's and 2 different 3DS XL's and it still does it. Is this just a weird bug in the DSTwo firmware?

2. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Its normal, it also happens to mine and mine's working flawlessly, its just a contact issue.