Hacking dstt loading problem :/

guestuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey everyone (:
i was wondering if anyone would help me out with a problem.
once i was tring to put my nitendo ds on when the 'hapy face thingy' came up on the screen as normal but it went into the loading screen with the 9 blue dots in the corner.well from there nothing happened.i left it for quite some time but still the loading screen was still the same.
i tried removing some unnessary files and now it just was 'menu?'
iv tried formatiing to both FAT and FAT32.
please could anyone help.
btw i know my dstt big white thingy works as when i removed the microsd card from it and put it back in the ds it came up with the 'no card' image.
thankyou ;D
i really appricate it.
wink.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Format your microSD card using the Panasonic formatter. Always use "safely remove hardware" utility before removing your microSD card from your computer. Insert your newly formatted but otherwise empty microSD card into your DSTT, and turn on your DS. Do you get a "Menu?" icon?

-Bri

darkslime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my dstt, and have the same problem.
I tried the formatted sd card with nothing on it and menu? came up.
What do I need to do?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, if "Menu?" came up on a blank microSD card, it's working (so far). You need to install the firmware. Don't use the latest version of the firmware unless you know for a fact your flash cart isn't a fake. Instead grab version 1.15 from the download area: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2872

Unpack the archive and drag the "TTMENU.DAT" file and "TTMENU" folder (which will itself contain a bunch of files and folders) over to your microSD card.

Create a folder named "games" on your microSD card. Put one or two .nds files in the "games" folder.

Always use Windows "safely remove hardware" utility before you remove your microSD card from your PC!

Put your microSD card into your DSTT which is in the DS. Turn it on. You should get a menu showing the games you put on there.

-Bri

guestuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rolleyes.gif
yaypsp.gif

yayy !
(:
thankyou very very much for your help.
iv got it working again! ;D
really appreciated all of your help.
x

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First, confirm that you have a fake. If so, you should return it regardless, and exchange it for a real one.

But to confirm if it's really dead, you would want to eliminate possible problems with the microSD card, microSD reader, or firmware installation.

First, turn on your NDS without any microSD card in the DSTT. You should get a "No Card" icon. If you don't get a "No Card" icon, your DSTT is dead.

Next, reformat your microSD card using the Panasonic formatter. Make sure you ALWAYS use the "safely remove hardware" utility before removing your microSD from your PC. Insert the EMPTY newly formatted microSD card into your DSTT and turn on your NDS. You should get a "Menu?" icon.

Next, add the firmware, create a "games" folder, and drop a couple of .nds files into the "games" folder. When you turn on your NDS, you should see the games in the menu.

-Bri

kingkong

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
dont listen to bri he hasnt got a clue & stop with the bullshit about "windows safely remove hardware"-

i just received 2 dstt from deal extreme... put latest firmware on 4gb sd, all games worked fine..... after about 2 hours of play i checked 10 or so games out , last was tony hawk... BANG... after that i wanted to load bomberman and it always hangs on the loading screen too!

card wasnt in the computer it just happend within one session!

put older firmware on nothing!

then i put the sd in my 2nd dstt.... and the ds wouldnt even recognize it... tweaked around a bit and it recognizes the card, but same problem: hangs on loading screen!

(on a sidenote a lot of ppl bitch about r4 iver never had one problem with it! on first day dstt many problems
smile.gif

so anyone knows a real fix or knows what causes the loading problem?

REPEAT: i put many games on the card, it worked fine in the ds but after a while the loading problem started so the DSTT caused it somehow (rom: tony hawk)!

EDIT: 1:35 quick formatted sd (with http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/d..._formatter.html but i doubt it matters), put on system again and roms and all works fine once again........

EDIT2: 1:40 actually the problem is back 1 minute after it was fixed loaded animaniacs lights camera action and BANG... bug is back

EDIT3: 1:45 works fine again after re-format (in dos this time) also the rom animaniacs.

actually i am having the brilliant idea that i can put r4 AND dstt firmware on the sd so if dstt fucks up again i just use it in the r4^^

Mikef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
dont listen to bri he hasnt got a clue & stop with the bullshit about "windows safely remove hardware"-

If you turn off write cache, than you don't need to do this.
It's easy to change in XP.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kingkong said:

[...stuff deleted about how certain games are getting corrupted...]

Just...wow.

-Bri

wallstreet

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kingkong said:

i just received 2 dstt from deal extreme... put latest firmware on 4gb sd, all games worked fine..... after about 2 hours of play i checked 10 or so games out , last was tony hawk... BANG... after that i wanted to load bomberman and it always hangs on the loading screen too!

card wasnt in the computer it just happend within one session!

put older firmware on nothing!

then i put the sd in my 2nd dstt.... and the ds wouldnt even recognize it... tweaked around a bit and it recognizes the card, but same problem: hangs on loading screen!

(on a sidenote a lot of ppl bitch about r4 iver never had one problem with it! on first day dstt many problems
smile.gif

REPEAT: i put many games on the card, it worked fine in the ds but after a while the loading problem started so the DSTT caused it somehow (rom: tony hawk)!

EDIT: 1:35 quick formatted sd (with http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/d..._formatter.html but i doubt it matters), put on system again and roms and all works fine once again........

EDIT2: 1:40 actually the problem is back 1 minute after it was fixed loaded animaniacs lights camera action and BANG... bug is back

EDIT3: 1:45 works fine again after re-format (in dos this time) also the rom animaniacs.

actually i am having the brilliant idea that i can put r4 AND dstt firmware on the sd so if dstt fucks up again i just use it in the r4^^

LOL What a funny Story, thanks for posting this here!

I got my DSTT working again too. Hope it lasts.

I have 2 MP3 Players, 3 USB Sticks and 1 Digital Camera and I use a lot of these items every day on several computers and I´ve never in my life used "safely remove hardware" and have never in my life lost 1 bit.

So stfu BRI.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do me a favor, wallstreet and kingkong. Please PLEASE never use "safely remove hardware." PLEASE -- just for me!

Everyone else, please use "safely remove hardware." You'll be much happier. Wallstreet and kingkong don't deserve to be happy.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: