Hacking DSTT Add- Ons

Norman3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Good Evening to everyone!! Can anybody please tell me what more can i add to my DS? i only have moonshell and a dictionary, what else can i add? how can i play gba, gbc, nes and snes games?? thanks for the help!!!

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
get into Homebrews:

some drawing programs(Colors! and DSnote),

if you want to make simple flip style animations: FlipBook

some emulators (nesDS, lameboy, jENESIS DS, snameulDS),

some music player/editor: GameMelodyOratorioDS, NitroTracker (for chiptunes),

some greats FPS games that have great ports on DS (QuakeDS, Quake2, DSCENT),

if you are and old adventure's fan try SCUMM DS(for alot of oldie adventure games, namely, Indiana Jones and fate of Atlantis, Monkey Island 2, Flight of Amazon Queen, etc)

some random homebrews: PocketPhysics, PuzzleManiak, DSLinux, PlatdudeRetro

if you are a fan of Rogue-like games, try: ASCIIWARS, NetHackDS, POWDER 102,

those are the homebrews currently on my DS, you can find them all in homebrew section of this site:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?dlcategory=1

Thanks to Urza for his hard work on introducing homebrews.

if you want more, tell me and I can find my topics that people voted on best homebrews.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DSOrganize is also a popular and useful homebrew app.

GBA games require an additional slot2 card like the Ewin 2in1 expansion pack or the EZ 3in1 expansion pack. As a bonus, these also work as additional memory required for the Opera Browser. The Ewin 2in1 is relatively inexpensive (about $15 at psxboy.com). You'll also need to grab a loader like GBA ExpLoader from the download section of this site to load GBA games and to patch the memory so that the Opera Browser will run.

-Bri

Norman3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is DS Organize that good? I did not really like it because, it doesn't play music while in sleep mode unlike moonshell, can i fix this, and what does DS Organize do best? thanks in advance!!

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
what I use DSorganize for is renaming my stuff and deleting the roms i dont use without connecting it to my pc, for other purposes i use my ppc.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DSOrganize also has one of the best web browsers. It's not a full graphical browser like the Opera Browser, but it's much faster and allows you to download stuff. The homebrew database is also pretty useful. The calculator and IRC client are useful too.

The icons that come with it are pretty crappy though. I found some really nice icons and then modified them for DSOrganize.

-Bri

Norman3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sir TEst84 and Bri, can you please help me with some more homebrews? I know how to use this, but i only seem to know how to copy paste, can you teach me the basics? Thanks in advance!!

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
I assume you want more help with DSorganize and I think Bri is better than helpin with this software than me but its better to ask with more detail what you are after and asking than more vague and general questions.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I really don't understand what you need help with. There is an excellent DSOrganize website, with very detailed instructions about how to use it. Start with the DSOrganize Wiki and see if it doesn't answer your questions.

-Bri

Norman3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WoW!!! Thanks for all the help guys!! now i can show my ds off with my psp classmates!! i knew psp is no better than the the DS!! thanks for your help guys! now my DS can pretty much do whatever the psp does!!! thakns!!:rofl2:

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Never used it. You'll have to find a website for it. There are actually two weather programs for the DS, one of which is only for Europe. But I've never used either of them, so I can't give you any information.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ